Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Record for Longest Wait Time on a Bulk Submission

I’m on calendar day 130-only 107 cards. What’s the record?

Comments

• JimMeantJimMeant Posts: 341 ✭✭✭

@markj111 said:

Curious about a few particulars of your submission...
    1. How many times have you called and talked to customer service about the delay?
    2. What types of cards made up your bulk submission? Vintage, modern, autos, relics, mixture?

-Collecting anything vintage
  • miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2018 7:51PM

I've hit a little over 130 calendar days in the past too. My present longest pending order of the ones I'm still waiting for now was sent in during June est.-50-business-day-TAT vintage monthly special and logged on 7/12. Only 57 items, but not all had been graded in the past so there was some research necessary but I provided the requisite supporting info where applicable. I checked in with customer service a couple times so far but it doesn't do much other than give you assurance the order wasn't accidentally lost or something. Business day 92 (calendar day 139) is now over and the wait continues. But, it is probably the new norm. My advice is that if you are subbing on bulk rate or monthly special, plan on it taking a full 5 months' worth of calendar days for turn around and anything faster than that is just a nice surprise, not an expectation.

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

My bulk subs logged in late July posted earlier this month.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

@JimMeant said:

@markj111 said:

Curious about a few particulars of your submission...
    1. How many times have you called and talked to customer service about the delay?
    2. What types of cards made up your bulk submission? Vintage, modern, autos, relics, mixture?

>
    All cards are reviews of late fifties early sixties. Called once when it was logged incorrectly.

• 81 Topps Guy81 Topps Guy Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

I could never understand why reviews take so long; they shouldn’t have to worry about the cards being altered or trimmed, and 90% of the cards stay in the original slabs. Hope it’s worth your wait and you get a few quality bumps

Hope it’s not 90%. I typically get bumps in the 25-40% range. Went 4 for 15 last time, with one full grade on my Jenkins rookie (8 ro a 9).

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine is also a review. Not bulk but Im at over 2x the expected business days. If multiples count.

• lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭

107 card review ? You sent them 107 cards to try to increase the .5?

• Do you think they look up each review to see who originally submitted it?

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MonicaDan said:
    Do you think they look up each review to see who originally submitted it?

Why would that matter?

@lawyer05 said:
    107 card review ? You sent them 107 cards to try to increase the .5?

A questionable decision on my part, considering the value of the cards. Will be tough to do much more than break even. All but a couple of cards were originally graded before the .5 was a possibility. Went through about 2500 to decide which ones to submit. I have a decent track record on reviews.

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

Can we see the results once in? Curious as all hell how 107 bumps turns out.

• @PaulMaul said:

Why would that matter?

Not to offend original submitters if a high value card that was a 9 gets a 10.

• I hope that would never be the case

• Huskies11Huskies11 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

this thread does not give me hope on any of my orders

Currently Collecting:

• Baseball: Griffey Jr, Red Sox, 80s/90s/00s
    • Basketball: Jordan, Bird, 80s/90s
    • Football: Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Patriots
    • Hockey: Gretzky, Buffalo Sabres

Flickr: https://flickr.com/gp/184724292@N07/686763

• 81 Topps Guy81 Topps Guy Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

Mark, any updates? Would like to hear about the results when you have them

@Huskies11 said:
    this thread does not give me hope on any of my orders

haha
    dont worry, PSA will get all the orders in time for Xmas

edited December 7, 2018 7:11AM

Well, one of my orders officially hit 100 business days today, so that is a new personal record for me! :o
    I wonder if it will be back to me by Christmas?

@miwlvrn said:
    Well, one of my orders officially hit 100 business days today, so that is a new personal record for me! :o
    I wonder if it will be back to me by Christmas?

Marked as shipped on business day 104 (calendar day 155, logged 7/12 & shipped 12/13) !

• Nuts, I was hoping for a Christmas return, but with a log of 8/30, might not happen. So a present in the new year.

logged 7/16 POPPED YESTERDAY !!!!
    XMAS IS HERE !!!!!