Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Question about pricing on PCGS Submission for Gold Shield

I have a number of coins that are trueview worthy yet they are in regular holders with no shield. If you send a submission and you're only interested in getting the coins imaged, do you go the reholder route at $12 plus the $5 for gold shield?

My only real interest is getting the image made. I'm not interested in having them reevaluated.

Thanks,
Lincolncentman

Comments

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reholder and True View appears to be the strategy you would want and, if I recall correctly, your pricing is current.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭

You are correct. Reholder and secure. So $17/coin.

• Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I am understanding your question correctly, you have coin(s) in standard holders and you'd like TV. Then it would be $22 per coin. $10 for the TV and $12 for the reholder. I don't believe you can just add the $5 for secure if they are not already graded in secure Gold shield holders, if they were you wouldn't need the TV :) I'm sure a call to CS will confirm this.

Ken

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 31, 2018 8:32AM

@cointime said:
    If I am understanding your question correctly, you have coin(s) in standard holders and you'd like TV. Then it would be $22 per coin. $10 for the TV and $12 for the reholder. I don't believe you can just add the $5 for secure if they are not already graded in secure Gold shield holders, if they were you wouldn't need the TV :) I'm sure a call to CS will confirm this.

Ken

No that's wrong unless you want to pay more. I've done this 100 times. Yes you can have the coin reholdered into a Gold Shield slab if it was originally in a standard slab.

If your coin is in a regular holder and you want a TrueView it is cheaper to send it in for a reholder ($12) and add an additional $5 for the Gold Shield. That comes with a TrueView at no extra cost. Total is $17.

Your way, reholder ($12) plus TrueView ($10) is $22..

Of course with either way, you still have to figure in the cost of handling $10 per submission and shipping, which is at least $25. To make it cost effective you should be sending in more than 1 coin, or piggyback on someone else's submission.

• Options
    BeefCurry808BeefCurry808 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭✭

@robec said:

@cointime said:

Ken

No that's wrong unless you want to pay more. I've done this 100 times. Yes you can have the coin reholdered into a Gold Shield slab if it was originally in a standard slab.

If your coin is in a regular holder and you want a TrueView it is cheaper to send it in for a reholder ($12) and add an additional $5 for the Gold Shield. That comes with a TrueView at no extra cost. Total is $17.

Your way, reholder ($12) plus TrueView ($10) is $22..

Of course with either way, you still have to figure in the cost of handling $10 per submission and shipping, which is at least $25. To make it cost effective you should be sending in more than 1 coin, or piggyback on someone else's submission.

Ding Ding.