Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

[WTS] High grade 1909 wheat cent

ButteredfatkidButteredfatkid Posts: 173 ✭✭✭
edited October 20, 2018 8:27PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Up for sale today is a raw 1909 wheat cent in a very high grade. Judge for yourselves but to me it looks to be between a 65+ red and a 66 red. Price guide on the 65+ is $200 and the 66 is $300.

Selling this coin today for only $150 no real major marks or issues, overall a very solid and choice coin. I take PayPal or cryptocurrency!

album of both sides of the coin

Comments

• Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭

You are holding it improperly. You might consider touching the rims only to prevent fingerprints from forming on the obverse/reverse. It appears that the reverse is resting on your finger.

• Options

@LincolnCentMan said:
    You are holding it improperly. You might consider touching the rims only to prevent fingerprints from forming on the obverse/reverse. It appears that the reverse is resting on your finger.

My apologies if that is the way it seems! I am actually resting my bottom finger against the middle finger so it doesn’t move around. The coin did not end up touching the middle finger and it was only held by the rims. Thank you for the observation and checking in to see proper handling though! :smiley:

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

To get 65+ to 66 money, you need to get this graded. I don't think it is any better than 63-64 personally (just FYI).