Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

what about this serial numberl

I recently found this one and I want some help...

thank you guys

Comments

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whatcha got there, a double repeater ?

I think I just made that up....maybe I should do auction descriptions B)

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have a somewhat unusual serial number, but not unusual enough to be worth more than $1.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2018 2:09AM

It's a nice quad double serial number. You can't beat it If you found it in circulation. Granted, it's not worth much, but if it cost you a $1.00, I'd definitely keep it !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭

It is a radar bill of sort but a wee bit to crinkly to worth more than face.

• TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

Am I missing something?

PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@air4mdc said:
    It is a radar bill of sort but a wee bit to crinkly to worth more than face.

Sorry, but a radar note reads the same forward and backward for example 13577531

The OPs note is interesting but not valuable. If it was crisp unc, you might get lucky and get a few dollars for it on ebay. In circulated condition, I think it would difficult to find a collector who would give you anything above face value. Currency Dealers would have no interest whatsoever.

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

spender

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency