Comments

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yowza !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Missjess123Missjess123 Posts: 48
    edited November 29, 2018 9:54AM

Hhh

• numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

The star that you are showing was placed on the note post BEP production.In other words, this is not the way it was made-it was added later.Short of something special about the serial number, the note is worth face value.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • jmbjmb Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

• goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

Worth $100 and going down every day.

• no actually its worth a lot more than that just not sure on exact price yet

• ive been told by professionals here in montana that it was clearly placed during the production. it may be hard to see this in the picture

• plus ive found the same star on the internet from the bop

@Missjess123 said:
    plus ive found the same star on the internet from the bop
    Please show me what you found and how you know it was done as part of the original printing process from the BEP.The reason I ask is I understand the process in which these notes are made and know, along with many others, that this star is not a possibility via the printing process.Again,please post what you have found.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • If you look at the star on this note not all sides of the star are the same. Just like these stars from the bop look at all corners they are the same. Back when they called currency denominations they had currency that they called star money. On my note it’s very clear in person that this star is under the writing. It wouldn’t be possible for it to be added after for the fact the writing is on top of it.

• Plus this note was made in Texas which they have the 5 point star for the states symbol. I know there is something unique of this star and note. I just need to continue doing more research. And I’m hoping somebody on here can help me figure this out.

edited September 26, 2018 6:42PM

I AM helping you figure this out but you won't accept the truth/facts.This is not a guess.The info I am providing is irrefutable and 100% accurate.You asked for assistance here where experts are members...and I am one of them.What you are showing are the engravers symbols used on large size type notes(look at the dates!!!).None of the symbols you have shown are used on small size notes-like yours-never,ever-not any of them,period.I can't stress this to you enough.....your note's star was added after printing no matter what you may think.IT IS NOT SOMETHING THAT CAN BE DONE DURING THE PRINTING PROCESS OF YOUR NOTE-not possible.No matter what you may think and feel and no matter what others may have told you....THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY....AGAIN...THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY that the star you have on your $100 bill was done at the BEP.If you are unwilling to accept the truth from an expert there's not much hope in convincing you.....so why on earth are you asking the professionals if you refuse to take their expert, unquestionable advice/info.I don't mean to come off as rude but you are simply not willing to accept the truth and that can get a bit frustrating when all I am trying to do is help....and you won't accept the truth.Here's the truth one last time..... someone placed that star(and the other mark as well) on the note post printing.Here's another collectors website....ask them as well.
    http://www.papermoneyforum.com/?action=categories

• BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

research all you want, it will lead you right back here to the truth, the fact. it is what it is...

AKA kokimoki
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
    [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]
  • Like the diff color serials we have seen pop up over the years. Altered by bleach, etc by scammers to scam people.

Understand how notes are printed at the BEP. It is one thing for a sticker to make its way in during the process, like we saw in the banana note. It is another thing to have something else like a symbol actually printed on to the note.

More likely someone's kid went to Michael's and got a star stamp and stamped the note.

HAHAHAHHAHAHA!

Specializing in Low, High, Fancy & Matching Serial US Currency, with a special hoard of BEP Premium Sets & Products. Also modern coin rarities.

Fancycashcom on Ebay: myurl

fancycashcom@gmail.com
  • StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

I will pay $85.00, delivered.

• Right thanks anyways

• 2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another "useful" comment........

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• NewEnglandNotesNewEnglandNotes Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2018 8:49PM

The star is just a chop mark. If you pay attention, they are actually fairly common on large denomination notes. It adds no value, and pretty much kills any collector value for the note. Spend it. Attached is a link to a short article on them.

coinbooks.org/esylum_v17n07a21.html

Your note has a second chop mark on the front in addition to the star.

• Missjess123Missjess123 Posts: 48
    edited November 29, 2018 9:52AM

edited November 1, 2018 7:45AM

Opinions?......no,facts.You are entitled to your own opinion but not to your own facts.You are the only person who won't accept the facts/truth about this note.You seem to be looking for a truth that isn't there and won't accept reality.Let me ask you this.....if what you have is so amazing, so rare an object,so valuable,so unique, then why hasn't anyone made you an offer over face value to buy it.Certainly after all this time,over a month now, with all these numismatists, dealers and collectors seeing it, someone would have tried to buy it.Here's the reason.....it is worth exactly, and not one penny more, than $100.It will never be worth more than $100.In fact, for collectors who may want an example of that particular note, they would most likely stay away from yours because of the chop marks as they HURT the value of the note as a collectable.And,one last thing....chop marks can be in any color-there's no such thing as a fixed color scheme for chop marks.As a professional in this field for just shy of 2 decades please take my advice....spend the note on something that will please you and that will be that(now that's an opinion).

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

The experts have already chimed in. There is zero premium above face value on this note. Keep looking for cool notes, but this one is unfortunately not a winner.

@FSF said:
    based on my viewing of it.

Love your enthusiasm, but believing something does not make it true.

edited November 18, 2018 1:06PM

Yes, I and everyone else is telling you this is not an error note or anything special above face value. No children here my friend, just folks trying to help you.

Some of the security features on this series are raised above the surface making the ink you are looking at seem to be underneath part of the original printing. This is not the case, the over stamp star ink did not adhere to the raised security features and creates an optical illusion that the star was somehow part of the original printing ...sorry but it is not.

If there was any added value to this note above $100, forum members would have already openly make offers to buy the note from you ...or the OP

At a quick glance your avatars look similar and I noticed after the fact that you were different. Sorry about that, didn't mean to hurt your feelings ;)

I saw you asked earlier about a premium on new $100's. Check the SN's for fancy numbers, otherwise they do not carry a premium above face value.

Here's an excellent site that lists all the different types of fancy #'s
    http://www.coolserialnumbers.com/FancySerialNumbers.aspx

• thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FSF said:
    That still does not address the question. I'm not concerned with value and I'm sure the "experts" couldn't accurately predict a good value if this note is legit. But the point still stands that it does not appear to be a chopmark on the note based on my viewing of it. I could see it fetching quite the premium if it is legit as it is an odd star note unlike any other I've seen on recent $100 notes.

What makes you think it is under the printing. The ink just didn't adhere over the gold overlay printing. This tells me the ink is not oil based, and that the gold overlay ink is of a type that does not allow other inks or dies to adhere to it - like teflon, or a duck's back.

thefinn