Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

NBA Autographs Jordan, Shaq, Pippen etc. Are they real? Thought?

Hey, i purchased those photos and Autographs in the 90's in Chicago from an official NBA photographer. i am now thinking to send them in to let them check if they are real. is it worth the Money? do you guys think they are unique? cant wait to hear your thoughts.

Comments

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Why don't you just spend a few bucks for a PSA quick opinion?

• @HighGradeLegends said:

thats what i want to do but i wanted to ask the opinion of collectors here first. cause if they say they are pretty sure that they are fake then i wouldnt spend the money to let them authentificated. and i am also in Austria(europe) and sending the photos to the us would already cost me money and if they are not real then that would cost me more but a few bucks..

• dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭

Quick opinions are done online and cost $10 if an ebay auction. You can just start an ebay auction with these items, then get your quick opinion for $10. PSA will tell you if they think it is legit or not. If these all came from the same source, I would pick a couple of them for the quick opinion. If both come back legit, good chance they all will.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • @dontippet said:
    Quick opinions are done online and cost $10 if an ebay auction. You can just start an ebay auction with these items, then get your quick opinion for $10. PSA will tell you if they think it is legit or not. If these all came from the same source, I would pick a couple of them for the quick opinion. If both come back legit, good chance they all will.

Really? Ok thanks! I tried beckett and they said nothing just that i had to send them to them and no matter what the jordan costs me a $100 if it is real or not....
    I will try psa thanks!

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 11, 2018 8:07AM

@ChrisP1523 said:

@dontippet said:

Really? Ok thanks! I tried beckett and they said nothing just that i had to send them to them and no matter what the jordan costs me a $100 if it is real or not....
    I will try psa thanks!

Yes, really ... https://www.psacard.com/store/p-50-quickopinion.aspx

ETA: It's not a guarantee it will pass full authentication, but a much cheaper way to weed out any obvious fakes.

• Shaq, Jordan and Pippen are fake.

Rest may be legit.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Huskies11Huskies11 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

@SpinFadeSplash23 said:
    Shaq, Jordan and Pippen are fake.

Rest may be legit.

This is my opinion as well. MJ/Pip/Shaq look fake. Don't know about the rest.

Currently Collecting:

• Baseball: Griffey Jr, Red Sox, 80s/90s/00s
    • Basketball: Jordan, Bird, 80s/90s
    • Football: Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Patriots
    • Hockey: Gretzky, Buffalo Sabres

Flickr: https://flickr.com/gp/184724292@N07/686763

• NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ChrisP1523 said:

@HighGradeLegends said:

thats what i want to do but i wanted to ask the opinion of collectors here first. cause if they say they are pretty sure that they are fake then i wouldnt spend the money to let them authentificated. and i am also in Austria(europe) and sending the photos to the us would already cost me money and if they are not real then that would cost me more but a few bucks..

Remember, if you list it on eBay for the quick opinion, you will need to list them separately if you want a valid opinion on each. Multiple autos in one listing are just given one answer, so if one is bad out if the bunch the answer will be not legit.