Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Help with identification/value of the large size NBN

I'm a coin guy but a friend pulled this out today and wanted an idea of value. What better group to ask then my friends in currency!
Thanks in advance for any info:

Comments

• Options
    TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2018 2:58PM

You have a Petersburg, IL 1902 series Date Back in VG Net condition. I would put an estimate range between $100 and $150 due to the tear and black ink spot on the back. It does have nice signatures for the grade.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    jmbjmb Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Nice !!! :)

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

@TennisCoach said:
    You have a Petersburg, IL 1902 series Date Back in VG Net condition. I would put an estimate range between $100 and $150 due to the tear and black ink spot on the back. It does have nice signatures for the grade.

agreed.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

Five of these $10 date backs known, seventeen $10 plain backs known among the 39 large size notes reported.

Yours is the sixth $10 date back reported. the others grade from VG10 to VF20.

Yes, $100-$150 is probably a fair wholesale value but it might be worth a bit more to the right end user.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.