Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Mercury dime sets

With the sale of the Hallett set, how will this affect the rankings.
He was number five. Hidden dime grades, nice coins in the auction
I hope he did good, I didn't buy anything by the way.

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

Comments

• AlongAlong Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭

Where was the sale?

• PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

The one that was held in Las Vegas!

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• AlongAlong Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭

Nice, thanks

• remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭

It was the Legend Auction. I bought the 17-D. Wish I could have bought several more, but alas, a lack of available funds.

waynedriskillminiatures.com

Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com

Recently bought the Hallett 1916-D Mercury Dime PCGS MS64FB CAC to finish off my now complete Mercury Dimes Full Bands Basic Set. Bumped me up to #6. This is the culmination of a many years long project. My collection is all MS64FB or better, except the 1945 which still needs upgrading to Full bands sometime in the future.

Regards,

Wayne

• FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wayne, Pat and Jon should be moving up a slot shortly. The number 3 set was sold at FUN. Heck I might even move up.

Ken

Woohoo! If that is so, that will move me up to number 5, & I will send my set in to get it pedigreed!

Regards,

Wayne

• CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! Comments from Ken, Wayne, and Pat - some of the original Mercateers from back in the day! I bought Mercs from all of you close to 15 years ago. I'm a caregiver now, and haven't had time to do much with my set, which stalled with 2 coins (the '16-D and 21-P) needed, and a handful that I want to upgrade. Retired and on a fixed income now, I'll have to settle for less than Mint State coins for those last 2 slots. Congrats to Wayne for picking up the '16-D in 64FB. I wish I'd bought one when I first started my set. If I remember correctly, a 64FB went for "only" around $15K back then.

Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!