Home Precious Metals
Options

Platinum vs. Palladium divergence

jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've been observing what appears to be a recent development in the divergence between platinum and palladium. Platinum seems to be picking up plenty of steam while palladium has been getting hit. This is uncharacteristic of their relationship in recent years. Does anyone know if something has changed recently that would boost platinum while pulling the rug out from under palladium?
Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Comments

• Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

What's the rationale for the rise of Palladium, while Platinum is in a deep slump?

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

@botanist said:
    What's the rationale for the rise of Palladium, while Platinum is in a deep slump?

Great question. Also, why is Platinum so cheap compared to Gold when it's far rarer and historically it was priced higher than gold?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Mysterious to me is the expanding gap, with Platinum down $11 today while Palladium was up another $20 and now leading by over $270.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@botanist said:

Great question. Also, why is Platinum so cheap compared to Gold when it's far rarer and historically it was priced higher than gold?

Somebody really likes paper Pd. Maybe their paper Pt had lower brightness?

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like platinum :)

Timbuk3