Home Metal Detecting

Meteorite hunters out there?

metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eye ball find walking around Arizona's "Meteor crater" Sticks to magnet.

BTW Is the TV show "Meteorite Men" still on? I use to get a kick out of that show.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions

Comments

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not a meteor collector, but I like it. It's so interesting, thanks for sharing !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have seen a few meteorites up close and they all don't look the same but that one does look like one. High iron content, intense heat damage to the surface. The only thing is the rear side edge looks like it was broken off a larger rock. Got to go to the Google for ways to determine a meteorite. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely a small fragment of the big one that hit. Cheers.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... great find..... I have searched, but have not found one - yet. Cheers, RickO

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss Max Headroom. Go figure. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is "Meteorite Men" still on cable. My wife hated it, but I loved it!

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

A once in a lifetime find, congrats :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

It definitely is the real thing.
    Great find.

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2018 10:33AM

@metalmeister said:
    Eye ball find walking around Arizona's "Meteor crater" Sticks to magnet.

BTW Is the TV show "Meteorite Men" still on? I use to get a kick out of that show.

I thought taking meteorites from around the crater is NOW illegal.

If so, I suggest you delete this discussion before some do-gooder reports your treasure. In the 1960's I knew a young man who had one of the biggest collections in private hands in the US. Most were from the crater. He eventually went to jail for stealing specimens from a museum collection!

The receipt must mean I am incorrect. So do they let folks prospect?