Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1957 Topps Luis Aparicio, PSA 8?

Anyway this could garner an 8 in your opinion? I think it could but not sure if centering is too far off, your thoughts? Back is fine.
B

Comments

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it might, I don't think centering will be an issue, corners might not be quite sharp/square enough. Are those print spots on and around his face? Is that typical for this card?

VERY nice card!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

The combination of the edges, centering and print spots don't quite add up to an 8 IMO.

• olb31olb31 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe a 6.5 at the highest.

Work hard and you will succeed!!

The white splotches on face are from scanner......

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

Think it would get a 7

• GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

Agree on 7, maybe half grade either way on a good or bad day

• hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the rough cut. Registration on the hat, name , position, team, pic border kinda throw me off though. Wild guess taking centering and everything into account PSA, 6.5 - 7 would be my guess. Which probably means if you send it in it will grade PSA 7.5 -8 :D;)

• cpettimdcpettimd Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

Rough cut will not lower the grade. There is a little bit of yellow misregistration with slight bleed of yellow on the top . There are also some stray printing defects in the lower right and upper left background. The 3 white spots on the head may be ? Wax flecks or pd. The edges and corners look like an 8 but the surface issues may lower to a 7

Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.
  • pheldaphelda Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

On the back of the card after the comma in April 29 is that a tiny paper loss or just a part of the paper stock? I think the card gets a 7, but I really enjoy it.

• KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lower left corner and print marks in the face area as well as to the left of his face would knock it down to a 6/7 range. Plus the rough edges and centering don’t add up imo. Have you had this card or bought it from someone? Left, right, and bottom edge are super rough and the top is clean as a whistle - almost too clean.

KC

Thanks everyone, after all the comments realistically looks like I wouldn't get more than a 7. I guess in the old days it MIGHT have a chance for an 8, but those are long over. Guess just going to try and sell it raw as a NM card for around $20-ish, def. not worth the $10 to have graded methinks based on your comments....