Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Are these worthy?

Comments

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 7, 2018 6:57AM

Keep the repeater 49784978 and spend the others. Hard to say what the repeater is worth with all the circulation but it should be saved none the less.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed, keep the third and spend the rest !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

indeed keep the third one and spend the rest.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

What they said. Keep looking. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• boimre1972boimre1972 Posts: 262 ✭✭✭

Spend them all, in my opinion.

Mike
    Collecting small-size star notes.
    Mishawaka, IN
  • JBKJBK Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even if the repeater is considered too worn to be worth anything (which I am not sure is the case), keep it, and send it to Jack Lew to be autographed above his printed signature. Not sure what that would be worth (normally you want to use CU notes for autographs) but it has to be worth more than the $2 you'd have in it. ($1 face value plus two 50 cent stamps for the letter to and from).

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2018 4:09PM

No sure what the going rate is for signed bills (by the Treasurer or Sec. of the Treasury) but it is a lot more than the cost of a new hill that you got at the bank or ATM, plus the postage to send each way. For $2 or so total I have gotten lots of bills signed by the respective Treasurer or Sec. of the Treasury.

Collecting these is a niche hobby but an active one. When you have to start buying older bills to send it can get a little pricey, but for newer bills that are still available in CU condition at face value, it is a no brainer to buy a few stamps and increase the value of the bill ten or twenty-fold. It is like printing money.