Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

First World Coin Submission

I submitted a few coins for grading to PCGS... have a comment and a question.

1. 1971 Canadian Silver Dollar previously in the ICCS SP-66, now in PCGS MS-67. This is typical of what I have heard and read of ICCS grading

2. 1910 Netherlands 25C - Came back MS-65. My question on this one is attributing values to it. No auctions or sales I can find, so what would others put on a coin such as this. Its eye appeal is above average despite the quality of my images. In fact the toning is nice on both the obverse and reverse.

[Ebay Store - Come Visit]

Roosevelt Registry

transactions with cucamongacoin, FHC, mtinis, bigjpst, Rob41281, toyz4geo, erwindoc, add your name here!!!

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't an ms65 value put it in the upper tier? Nice looking coin. I think there are a few black spots on the obv. IMO. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    davids5104davids5104 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

It seems to be very high grade particularly given its the lowest mintage of the KM group. I think the dark spots are not as dark as my photos represent. I will try to get a few better photos

Roosevelt Registry

transactions with cucamongacoin, FHC, mtinis, bigjpst, Rob41281, toyz4geo, erwindoc, add your name here!!!

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Value is a matter of supply and demand. Is there any demand for that Netherlands coin in a high grade slab? I don't know the answer. An auction of the coin through a firm that specializes in that type of material may be the only way to put a value on it.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

@davids5104 said:
    It seems to be very high grade particularly given its the lowest mintage of the KM group. I think the dark spots are not as dark as my photos represent. I will try to get a few better photos

If that 1910 25c was just graded at PCGS (at least in the US), it should've had a TrueView taken of it when they graded it. Locate the 8-digit certification number on the slab and then go to this address: www.pcgs.com/cert/12345678 <-- put the 8-digit number here. You should be able to click on the TrueView image and download it to your computer, then you could post it here as well.

• Options

I did not pay for the true view on the coins I submitted in my world coin grouping. It says it is a pop 2 and there are only 3 graded. I think @291fifth hit it right regarding value.

Roosevelt Registry

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

@davids5104 said:
    I did not pay for the true view on the coins I submitted in my world coin grouping. It says it is a pop 2 and there are only 3 graded. I think @291fifth hit it right regarding value.

If you submitted the coins in the US, Trueview is free for World coins.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    edited September 13, 2018 8:04PM

Error

Roosevelt Registry

• Options
    edited September 13, 2018 4:24PM

@ajaan said:

@davids5104 said:

If you submitted the coins in the US, Trueview is free for World coins.

This is great to know. I submitted them in US

Roosevelt Registry

• Options

here are the three coins included in this modest submission

Roosevelt Registry

• Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really nice color on all three!

• Options

The Brazilian 1859 1000 reis coin is a MS62. It is one of my favorite world coins in my possession.

Roosevelt Registry

• Options
    cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

A really nice group!

Jeff

• Options
    PatARPatAR Posts: 347 ✭✭✭

I'm a big fan of the Wilhelmina coins. Yours is a lovely example!

• Options

Nice set. I like the subtle orange glow near the rim on the Dutch coin.