Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

$1 star notes.

I work in the tip industry and come home daily and have atleast one or more dollar star notes. Your expertise comes into play here. My question to all you pros, should I be saving all of them? Honestly lol

Comments

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Need pics to determine conditions. If it's modern stuff, unless you're willing to tie up your money, just spend them. It's your decision. Good luck !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭

Depends on the District and series and on condition. Some modern $1 stars (on some district/series combos) are quite scarce and may command a premium (some even in circulated condition). A good place to start is http://www.uspapermoney.info/ and see how many were printed. But, even this does not tell the entire story as some star runs end up being shipped overseas or released in such a manner that few get saved.

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the serial # begins with 3 or more zeros, that is usually good. Check the star note lookup web page and see how common or uncommon it is.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

More zeros from the left the better and condition is everything! Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52