Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Price guide ?

What is the best guide to use for small size notes?

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

Comments

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like to use the Greensheet for pricing. You can purchase a copy on eBay. Good luck !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2018 11:07AM

There are no "good" price guides for small size notes. The Small Size guidebook is long out of print, and even those prices may have been high or low at the time and may not reflect current pricing. Greensheet isn't really worth the paper it is printed on, except to try to buy scarcer varieties and types at potentially discount prices.

Heritage Auction Archives will give you perhaps a better idea of the current market. But, scarce or rarely auctioned items may bring more (sometimes considerably more) or even less. The market for small size is fickle. But, generally, scarce types or varieties, many early stars, and top pop notes can bring strong money. More readily available notes, in less than top pop have been somewhat weak of recent.

For good retail pricing, I would look at Action Currency's web site and past eBay auctions for a decent guide. Pittbug's eBay sales are perhaps a secondary source of pricing information. Many other items on eBay BIN listings may be stupid high.

Other dealers websites (american paper connection, scott lindquist, first city currency, centurial collectibles, etc.) will give you a range of retail pricing.

• boimre1972boimre1972 Posts: 262 ✭✭✭

Yes, eBay auctions are the best for modern notes, I think.

Mike
    Collecting small-size star notes.
    Mishawaka, IN
  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

Prices seem to be all over the board with wide spreads??

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211