Home Stamps Forum

Got these word stamps at an Estate sale in KC Kansas Are these 1940 China Air mail stamps real $1600

Hello everyone
I had purchased these stamps and others from a estate sale Normally i don't buy stuff from those place's i mainly stick with Thrift stores but this one was in Kansas City Kansas and the area was old and i had collected stamps as a kid but after a bad year of humidity all my stamps stuck to the album pages well this was the 70's and the albums were unlike today they were paper Minkus & scott.My Grandad was a post master in NH and when he passed i got his collection which was really nice.Full sheets of stamps from 1910 to the 60's.Needless to say they were ruined !!

Well back to these stamps i was looking up the world stamps and i couldn't believe some of the prices of the Chinese & Japanese stamps & my question is are the ones i got good i seen the Chinese Republic 1949 Set Stamps Silver Yuan Issues.Both with the #C42, 1946 $73.00 on 25c Orange Air Post, And on a website it says it sold for $900.But that's hard to believe because i got 1 and my luck isn't that good.

But what i'm asking is if they are worth so much what is the proper channel to sell them i collect coins and PCGS grading is the way to go so is there a stamp grading company that is reasonably priced and i'm sure its worth while to pay money to have them authenticated.

But is their a market for them i bought 6 albums and some of the German ones are early and most are mint but hinged and some have stuck to the pages's also ;-( :o

Also would facebook be a good outlet for selling them or if you know of a good website i would greatly appreciate any help.Or are these just stamps to put away for my Son or grand son when he has kids

I thank you in advance Austin

Also I'm going to post this in the Information area here if that's Okay

I have this stamp and others what is the Name of it ??? Below are ones i found on the internet and some names are different Also is this the actual price for the stamp it seems to good to be true because i bought 6 stamps albums for $150 some nice stamps both USA and world wide.

So if the stamp is worth that much I'm sure they would have to be certified and slabbed like PCGS Coins are done correct.I

I had also read that this is a commonly counterfeited stamp but i mean for what i paid for it and where the estate sale was in the nice part of Old Kansas City and the other stamps in different albums none of the stamps are from later than the 80's and it look like it was a Kids collection from how he'she did the small notebook album with $0.02 - $1.50 price for stamps and the hand written pages.Also i got maybe 5k JFK stamps in glassine envelopes and white Ace pages

73 cent on 25 cent First Junkers Issue Surcharged $1,300.00 $2,080.00 $1,300.00 $2,080.00

Anti-Bomb Airmail Stamps

1946 Inflation surcharged stamps, Hong Kong Prints
(existing on watermarked and unwatermarked paper)

Air 7 Shanghai Surcharged Air Mail Stamps (1948)

1940 Airplane over Great Wall, Hongkong Print Watermarked M

a

Comments

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

All I know is you need be extremely careful about pricing/value. What was the condition of the stamp you saw sell for big money? Is yours in the same condition? The slightest difference could reduce the value considerably.

I don't know if there are any China experts here - you might need to contact some dealers.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

I meant to add that it would not surprise me if some of these had some value, as I have heard that in recent years with more wealth in China some Chinese buyers are bidding on stuff (coins, stamps, ceramics, etc.) pretty aggressively.

• Hi JBK
    Thanks for you response.I totally agree with you and i had joined a few forums that specliz in china rare stamps I had no idea that they carry such a large price. Below are the webpages and for the $73 dollar one its basically the same price between $1,000.00 - $2,000.00 and on fleabay they have fakes out their but i really don't believe this one is because how i got it i paid i think $150 for 6 albums and these came from one that had a note in it from 1955

And some have watermarks an some don't like they mention on the Great wall site a link is below.Also theirs a lot of china and japan and german stamps worth between $50.00 - $500.00 in the books

Theirs a lot of Airmail stamps in the books and a lot of mint one but have been hinged.I wasn't into world stamps till i got these.I had a bad time when i was a kid with humidity and all my stamps sticking to the pages but that was b4 the good albums well it was the 1970's I have almost every stamp in full sheets because my grand dad was a post master in NH i must of had close to a thousand sheets and same in plate blocks

I took some better pictures and i guess the only way to find out is to pay the $30 bucks for the PSE cert

Many thanks for replying JBK

http://values.hobbizine.com/chinastamps/airmail.html

This ebay one is $1,800.00 But i also found sets for 20 bucks but on the web they range from high
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/china-stamps/182740992605?hash=item2a8c36425d:g:cDwAAOSwQBFZp6NT

https://www.mountainstamp.com/China_pages_Great_Wall/Great_Wall_issued_China_1932_Series.html

This one on ebay is flagged on a website as being fake.Just looking at it i think so also because of the paper is semi gloss.And the real ones are sort of off white dull likee and the perforation is tighter on the real ones that one looks wide.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/A8P33-China-1946-Air-Post-Stamp-with-Wmk-surch-73-on-25c-mh-63/292540677463?hash=item441cc87d57:g:tYwAAOSw-H1a401P

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

You need to go to your local library and see if they have a copy of the latest Scott Catalog that covers China. It will probably be in the reference section so you won't be able to check it out.

China is one country in the stamp world that is worth taking the time to look up the valuations. Good luck!

All glory is fleeting.
  • Klif50Klif50 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭

You need to get some stamp tongs and get your fingers off the stamps. Oils on your fingertips can stain a stamp and turn an expensive one into a not so expensive one. Also get rounded tips on the tongs rather than the spike or sharp tipped ones as I've seen expensive stamps picked up and a hole poked through them with the sharp tips.

• Hello Klif50
    I had cleaned my hands well and i knew someone would remind me of that i had bought a set of stamp tweezers already below is a pic of the set.Thanks again for the Tip Austin

• We receive VERY Good prices for our China stamps on eBay. Most are repatriated...