Home Autographs Forum

Please help a coin guy with my one autograph set

I bought this back in the 1980s from a reputable coin dealer in a Boston who had it in his shop. Would appreciate any comments on authenticity. If it is real, should I seek certification? If so, what’s the best means. Thanks for any comments even if they are negative.

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
rainbowroosie April 1, 2003

Comments

• genlougenlou Posts: 22 ✭✭

I would say not real moe always had the m and oe connected, and his m looked like a w alot, the l in Larry is off and the c in curly is off nice collection tho, and these are just my opinion not seeing it in person. There are many real graded and authenticated examples to compare them with hope this helps!

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never heard Larry called "Fuzzy" before - I wonder if that is a very early piece.

Could be early sigs as well. Guess it is time to do some Internet searches.

• PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a photo that I received from Moe in 1975. I believe that the signatuare is authentic and that Moe signed the other two names. Larry had passed away only a month before but Curly had been deceased for 22 years.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a great card from 1975. Like you said, Moe probably signed them all, which is fine.

I would not give up on the OPs card just yet until he does a lot of research on early sigs. Those look like they might be fountain pen signatures, so that combined with early forms of their autographs (if that's what they are) might account for the differences.

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

The photo card itself appears to be an early photo, possibly more than 40 years before 1975. Signatures can change over that period of time. I would give the card a shot at authentication if the cost versus benefit makes sense. Without authentication I suspect the card has little value.

All glory is fleeting.
  • MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭

I bet this is real