Home Q & A Forum

Grading Company loses Coins?

Has anyone every had this happen to them?

I have sent a number of scares Coins to be graded. Which were graded but were never sent back. I have been in contact with the company and the company is at a lost for words on were the items are. They have said its been escalated and are taking this very serious. Then out of the blue I get a call from a person that has all my information but not my coins. Turns out he is missing coins in his batch (Not cheap ones) . In his batch my information is included in his paper work.

My concern is because the coins are scares.. What do I do? Anyone have any thoughts?
If I didn't have bad luck I would have no luck at all.

I don't want to name the company as of yet for hoping the coins will turn up but its now approaching 25 days.

Thank you for anyone's insight or opinions.

Comments

• thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

Which TPG did you send them to? Doesn't sound like something that would happen at the Big 4.

thefinn
  • Actually it is one of the Big 4. Which I am still in shock over.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

So it sounds like several customer orders for mixed up if your info was mailed to another. Wonder where your coins were shipped to? Inquiring minds want to know. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• jafo50jafo50 Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

I'm assuming that this other collector is sending you your coins.....correct? Mistakes happen and as long as it's corrected and is not something that happens regularly at that company then I wouldn't be too concerned. Of course you are the person going through this aggravation which I can appreciate.

Successful BST transactions with lordmarcovan, Moldnut, erwindoc

• No the other collector doesn't have my coins at all just all my information and paper work of my order. He appeared to be straight forward and concerned as he had sent in a large order. Bottom line is missing scares coins and of those missing are USA half cents.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I have only sent one coin to be graded and I had to declare a value for insurance purposes. Your coins seem to have been received by the grading company so the loss is on them,

The other guy is worse off - he received a package that was missing coins - how will he prove what was missing?

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very suspicious. This has happened before. My guess is at least one time at every major service. What happens is the person who got the wrong coins (Mr. Smith) returns them with the paperwork to the grading service. Then they are sent to the correct customer (Mr. Jones - you). Mr. Smith's coins are either still at the service or were sent to someone else - usually Mr. jones. The fact that the fellow claims that he only got the paperwork and no coins is very strange.

Stay calm as these things work out in the end. Either your coins will turn up or you will be paid a settlement.

• Insider2 thanks for that positive comment. Just sending coins from Canada to the USA to get graded has me nervous to begin with. Because there is a lot of USA half cents in great shape - not an easy coin to find having even more old coins to get graded makes me uneasy. The settlement makes me concerned as to what the number would be rather have the coins back after all have paid for the grading service.