Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Help!! Sports Illustrated

Hello, I am needing help. I have a very large SI collection from the early years to current (every issue) that I am needing to part with but have no idea how to find someone to purchase the collection. Any advice?

Comments

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the Forum.

You can try listing what you have here in the Buy, Sell & Trade - Sports section and see if anyone has any interest. You can also list the on eBay with a BIN/Best Offer option and see what kind of offers you get.

Good luck. Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • burghmanburghman Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9, 2018 1:28PM

Heritage has been auctioning off someone’s collection year by year for the past few months. Might check them out, or at least look at the sale prices to get an idea of whether you want to do it that way, with them, etc.

Jim

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi, hello, how are ya? - welcome :)

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi and welcome to the board!

First, if you have time - I recommend you go to Collecting Old Magazines.com - LINK

Coincidentally this week's SCD has an article on collecting magazines - might be a good idea to contact the author and get his take?

Doug Koztoski - dkoz3000@gmail.com

They talked about selling them thru Craigs list e.g.

Now, price guides on them? Good question. It's tedious but you could always go to "sold" copies on eBay e.g.

Best of luck buddy.

Mike
  • mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

I recently had the opportunity to also purchase a large collection of SI magazines. Unfortunately, for me, someone had already cherry picked the best with Mantle/Maris etc. Surprisingly there are a few that do tend to have more value....there is one in the 70's with a runner on it that generally sells for $70 or more (cant remember the name, sure you can find it on ebay). One thing that is a big factor is whether or not it has a shipping label on it or whether it was bought at the newsstand. The newsstand versions are considerably more desirable. Also, surprisingly is that they dont sell for as much as you would expect with many of the stars in the mid/late 60's selling for under $5 each and a very difficult sell at that. Getting back into the 50's is where the value starts to go up, especially on some of the issues that had baseball card inserts in them.

Not an expert by any means, but did have to review a collection of over 1000 issues and I could not justify $1 each for them because of the difficulty in selling many of the newer ones from the early 1980's-now.

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

Fau, sent you a PM

• aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭

"~Surprisingly there are a few that do tend to have more value....there is one in the 70's with a runner on it that generally sells for $70 or more (cant remember the name, sure you can find it on ebay).~"

Steve Prefontaine