Home Autographs Forum
Options

JFK autograph question

Hey guys I have an authenticity question for you about his autograph I don’t know if a secretary would sign Jack Kennedy and I’m pretty sure auto machine wouldn’t be set for Jack Kennedy but I don’t see a ton of examples for him signing it Jack Kennedy. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would not assume either scenario.

For example, autopens can be and have been used to sign full names, partial names, and even initials.

No idea on this signature but some observations.... the recipient's name and address appear darker, the letter is generic and not to an in-state constituent, the signature is relatively legible, and it was written in the year he ran for president.

You should investigate it more, but don't get your hopes up.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm no expert but the letter looks mass produced and I suspect the signature is as well.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@291fifth said:
    I'm no expert but the letter looks mass produced and I suspect the signature is as well.

I agree. IF the body of the letter is types and not printed, I can only assume they had a typing pool cranking these out, with the recipient's details and date to be added later. If you notice, the letter does not actually mention what her issue was.

• Options
    Alltheabove76Alltheabove76 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭