Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Here's a good one

electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
edited July 9, 2018 6:55AM in PSA Set Registry Forum

Months ago i purchased some PSA cards from Ebay they were hockey hall of fame cards i had the items in my possession,two weeks later one identical card was being sold by the same seller and to my surprise one card listed had the same certification number as mine,it was sold, a week later someone asked me to release the card from my registry but i still had the card.

Tagged:

Comments

• markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Call PSA.

• electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    edited July 9, 2018 2:36PM

Hi markj111 i did call to complain about this matter and was told that errors do occur sometimes certificate numbers which are the same are assigned,if the card in question was expensive or if it fit in one of my registered sets it would be another matter funny i purchased other cards from the same dealer but they never showed up no big deal no sense in pursuing the guy because i paid perhaps $6.00 for the cards the aggrivation pursuing the seller was not worth it,i did release the card.

I forgot to mention what PSA said in a dispute when a card with the same certification number is held by two different collectors an image with the date of a current newspaper near the cert. # will be helpful to determine who owns the card.

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

this whole thing does not sound right. Perhaps the seller had multiple cards are was lazy just hit relist.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

As you said, easy to prove with a scan or two.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • I have had the same thing happen just recently. I purchased a Walter Payton RC in the SportsCard Link auction & when I tried to add it to the registry I got the ole dreaded "other owner" message. A few days later, PSA contacted me asking if I am sure I have the correct cert number because the other owner says he has possession of the card & has not sold it. I sent pictures in & they told me about the duplicate cert numbers problem. A few days later I was able to add it to my registry.

• dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

did you message the seller and ask them what the deal was? were they up to no good?

myslabs.to/smzcards

Hi dictoresno i decided to let it go.