Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PackGeek - Father's Day Giveaway

Hello, Friends!

In celebration of Father's Day and hitting 400 subscribers on the PG YouTube Channel I'm giving away free PackGeek t-shirts to the first 10 people to comment below on this post with your favorite Father's Day memory. The only catch is, you must be a subscriber to the YouTube Channel. Here's a link to the channel, if you aren't already a subscriber, and would like to get in on it. CLICK HERE

So go ahead and post a your Father's Day story below with your YouTube handle, for a chance to win. Happy (early) Father's Day, and thank you guys for supporting the show!

Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
Jeff

Comments

• Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Jeff, mine is happy and sad at the same time. My very 1st Father’s Day was in 2007, when my son was born the day before. Today is actually his 11th birthday. The sad part was that he ended up with fluid in his lungs, so he had to stay in the nursery under supervision until it cleared up. Fortunately, it wasn’t a big deal, but try telling that to new parents. So, my first Father’s Day was spent at the hospital. My most vivid memory of that day was being in the nursery and holding my son up to the window so that the rest of my family could see him from outside he nursery.

• Options
    GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

The first fathers day is always the best. I have two kids now and they TRY to behave on fathers day, but the very first one, like lahmejoon says, is the one that you will always remember.

• Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

Okay - we have 8 more t-shirts left!

@lahmejoon - thank you so much for sharing. I would imagine that first Father's Day is a doozy. I'm glad everything panned out on yours. I sent you a DM for more info.

@GreenSneakers - Thank you for taking part in the giveaway, and I appreciate your subscription to the show. I've also DM'd you for more info.

Jeff
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice gesture Jeff.

I already have one so I'll defer to others.

Cool T-shirt by the way!

Mike
  • Options
    ghooper33ghooper33 Posts: 309 ✭✭✭✭

Fun topic - to keep it in the sports world, my favorite Father's Day was back in the early 2000's when I was able to go to a Braves game with my Grandfather, my Dad, and my son. Tomorrow should be a fun Father's Day as my son leaves for the Army next month and it might be the last one we can spend together for a while.

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

My favorite Father’s Day memories are from the later years when I truly appreciated all that my dad has done for me over the years and made me into the person I am today. It truly came to light in a sermon at church and helped me understand that a father’s love comes in many forms. He supported me in my early days of collecting as well, I still remember him helping me pick out my first Mantle, a low grade 63 Topps Bombers Best. Still my favorite Mantle to this day!

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭✭

Favorite Fathers Day is spending time with my dad and whole family at a Tiger's game about 5 years ago. My sisters and mother would never go to a sporting event and especially baseball so it was a real treat for my dad who has been a loyal Tiger's fan for years. Tiger's were winning early so that made it all the more fun.

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

Wife and kids bought tickets for my dad, son and I to see my Dodgers at their Giants. Tickets were for end of season but we got to see Kershaw pitch and Vin's 2nd to last game as Dodgers announcer, and spend some much needed time with pop and boy enjoying baseball.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

Fred Moase I think is my YouTube name

spending time with the kids. I am about to go to my 2nd dance show in the last 20 hours. I like them, great to see the girls doing their thing.
    I'll wear the shirt proudly. enjoy your day

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options

That's 7/10 - we still have three t-shirts to giveaway.

Thank you guys for your participation, and I've really enjoyed hearing everyone's stories! Happy Father's Day to everyone on the board!

Jeff
  • Options
    jtala18jtala18 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭

My favorite Father’s Day memory actually happened yesterday! I have 3 sons ages 16, 4 and 3. The older one is my wife’s son but we have been together since he was 6 years old. We spent Father’s Day in Las Vegas at UNLV at a football camp. We are from California and have been attending camps most of the late spring / summer in order to get noticed by college recruiters. My son plays quarterback so the competition is fierce. I have been training him myself since he was about 7. It was a long journey but my son got his first D1 OFFER to play football from UNLV. My son was so appreciative of everything we had gone through it brought us both to tears. I’ll never forget this day.

• Options
    ghooper33ghooper33 Posts: 309 ✭✭✭✭

@jtala18 said:
    My favorite Father’s Day memory actually happened yesterday! I have 3 sons ages 16, 4 and 3. The older one is my wife’s son but we have been together since he was 6 years old. We spent Father’s Day in Las Vegas at UNLV at a football camp. We are from California and have been attending camps most of the late spring / summer in order to get noticed by college recruiters. My son plays quarterback so the competition is fierce. I have been training him myself since he was about 7. It was a long journey but my son got his first D1 OFFER to play football from UNLV. My son was so appreciative of everything we had gone through it brought us both to tears. I’ll never forget this day.

Awesome story!

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle
  • Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

baseballcardbabe is my youtube handle. My fav fathers day was yesterday on the boat with my family.

# 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options

That's 9/10 - we still have one t-shirt left to giveaway.

Great stories, guys! These have been a lot of fun to read. Who would have guessed we'd even have a D1 offer in the bunch! Pretty darn cool. Now let's cap this off with one final story.

Jeff
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2018 4:53AM

Great stories. I don't think I'm signed up for youtube so not eligible for T-shirt. I'd have to say my best father's day was this past Sunday. Traveled to visit my 98 year old Dad. He still lives at home on his own. He is totally independent and lives in the same house he built in 1949. He has some health issues but then who doesn't. For the first time in years his three children and all of his grandchildren were able to gather in the same place/time. We all watched a Braves game together (like old times). My Dad is a Marine veteran of WWII, fought at the battle of Guadalcanal - and others. He is a true hero to me. Our family is truly blessed.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options

@dennis07 - Batting clean-up, and you knocked it out of the park for us. YouTube smootube - you get a t-shirt. Thank you all for sharing your awesome stories, it's been a pleasure hearing everyone's favorite memories. Good night!

Jeff
  • Options
    jtala18jtala18 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭

Jeff, just wanted to thank you for your generosity and let you know the two kick ass shirts arrived today and my son and I can’t wait to sport them. Paying it forward is big in this world and I’m sure you’re giving much more than your taking. Love the stuff you do and admire the passion you have. Best of luck with all the future additions you have to your collection (and family!). Take care bud and we’ll be watching. Oh, and my son just picked up a Southern Miss offer. Life is good!

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good stuff, Jeff. Loved the 75 cellos too.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bosox1976 said:
    Good stuff, Jeff. Loved the 75 cellos too.

Another awesome episode, Jeff! These episodes are really well done and very entertaining!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@Italia - I appreciate the kind words, buddy! I hope you'll keep us in the loop on all the exciting stuff happening with your son and his football offers.

@Bosox1976 - Thank you, Mike! I'll never get tired of that set!

@grote15 - Thank you for your continued support, Tim! I couldn't do it without you guys.

Jeff