Home Q & A Forum

Silver Eagles from China

Why do we have no control over the Chinese selling ASE's made from Iron on E-bay???? search on 2015 American Silver Eagles and they will come up as 2 Pcs for 14.00.
Why cant we stop that????

Tom

Comments

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

You do have some control. Rather than ask a question here, what have YOU done. Did you report them to the folks at Ebay? If not, are you posting to get someone else (our government) to do something? News flash: We have a government of the people. You are the "people." Start the ball rolling...

If a counterfeit, fantasy, replica, etc is marked "copy" or something it is legal. If it is not marked, the seller is skirting the law. I have purchased fakes to teach with that were marked "copy" in the photo but the items I received were not marked as such. That's breaking the law but better to teach with. If someone thinks they can purchase a SE for $15, THEY need all the help you, me, and the government can give them.

Counterfeit coins for sale on the Internet is a problem. Apparently, the government has bigger worries!

PS Post again and let us know if you did anything. :)

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.. report them to ebay.

• AcesCrackedAcesCracked Posts: 189 ✭✭

Yes that is the first thing that I did.......They said they would "Look into it" You know what that means. it means they don't want to lose the commissions.....They are doing the same with 86 Fleer rookie Jordans and no there is no copy marked on them either. Also questioned them about that with same results. As a seller of ASE's all I can say is Buyer Beware......
    Tom

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received counterfeit eagles once from a US based seller trying to pass them off as authentic. Ebays solution was for me to return the fakes to the seller for refund. I spoke to them many times and in my case they had ZERO interest / care that I received fakes and that another member was selling those fakes.

Ultimately seller gave me a refund without having me return the fakes. They did.t want to pay the return shipping. Good thing I suppose because they would have simply resold them to someone else.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ebay is just like Alibaba as far as I can tell. China makes knockoffs of everything. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

tons of posts about Chinese fakes on here. just do a search.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Wow, thats sad. I'm totally new to all of this and would hate to buy any fakes. Since it was brought up; spotting fakes may be difficult for me.... what sign(s) should I look for to ensure my product is 100% authentic?

My Collection (so far): Silver American Eagles, Gold American Eagles, Silver Proofs, and Gold Proofs.

My Precious Metals Dealer: U.S. Bullion Reserve in Los Angeles, CA

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only buy bullion from big established dealers, and collector coins slabbed until you are more experienced. You may pay more, but it will probably not be counterfeit.

• YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is only one way to stop the influx of any fakes. Through law maker.
    Enforce the respective countries laws.
    IMO, it is at the border. by sea, air or land in any form.
    a simple question in the "landing card declaration" , like: did you acquire any US banknotes. coins or bullion while out of the country?
    have a yes or no on the form.
    this form is a legal document and gives officers the required power to pursue the issue. Just like they now are after the simple smell of weed.
    something along that line would be low cost and probably enough of a deterrent for many to be tempted.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

@YQQ said:
    There is only one way to stop the influx of any fakes. Through law maker.
    Enforce the respective countries laws.
    IMO, it is at the border. by sea, air or land in any form.
    a simple question in the "landing card declaration" , like: did you acquire any US banknotes. coins or bullion while out of the country?
    have a yes or no on the form.
    this form is a legal document and gives officers the required power to pursue the issue. Just like they now are after the simple smell of weed.
    something along that line would be low cost and probably enough of a deterrent for many to be tempted.

problem is our lawmakers could care less about anything other than making themselves rich. For some reason, we the sheeple eat it right up.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said: "Problem is our lawmakers could care less about anything other than making themselves rich. For some reason, we the sheeple eat it right up."

@HappyHunting

I see that in five years as a member here you have not posted much. You must have something to share besides this: You disagreed with a member's post. Please share your view. Obviously, all of our lawmakers don't fit this description. Do you think any do? Do you think Chinese fake coins hurt everyone?

• shinywhiteshinywhite Posts: 346 ✭✭✭

I got burnt buying a coin from ebay. Looked legit and I read the description carefully. Hey, first burn = Lesson learned