Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

2018 PCGS Set Registry Awards - Vote for your favorite Digital Album

Hi Everyone,

Below are the judges’ nominated albums for the 2018 PCGS Set Registry Awards for BEST DIGITAL ALBUM OF THE YEAR. Criteria for excellence includes completion, quality of images, and owner’s comments. You have only one vote so choose carefully! (Note, you must be logged in to the message board to see and participate in the poll.) Voting closes June 29th at 5pm EST (2pm PST).

Robec's "Kaleidoscope of Color" Pre-WW2 Proof Lincolns - Lincoln Cents Basic Set, Proof (1936-1942)

Cherry Bomb - Lincoln Cents Toned Basic Set, Matte Proof (1909-1916)

D. L. Hansen Collection (created by Laura Sperber) - Three Cent Silvers with Major Varieties and 1851, Proof (1851-1873)

Capital Rainbow Collection - Roosevelt Dimes Basic Set, Proof (1950-1964)

420Grains - Trade Dollars Basic Set, Circulation Strikes (1873-1878)

WingedLiberty's "Fireball Rainbow" 2000-2008 Proof Sacagaweas - Sacagawea Dollars Eagle in Flight Reverse, Proof (2000-2008)

StarEagle ATB Special Strikes Collection - America the Beautiful 5 oz. Silver Quarters, Special Strikes (2010-present)

Chesapeake Collection - Silver Commemoratives 50 Piece Type Set, Low Ball (1892-1954)

Honeyco Collection - Japanese Sunburst 10 Sen, Circulation Strikes (1907-1917)

Libertas Americana Tokens of the U.S. Centennial - Collectors Showcase - Tokens and Medals

2018 PCGS Set Registry Awards - Vote for your favorite Digital Album

Sign in to vote!
This is a private poll: no-one will see what you voted for.

Comments

• topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

snif.... :'(

• InYHWHWeTrustInYHWHWeTrust Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭

Take a look at the Chesapeake lowball Commem album (and vote)!

Do your best to avoid circular arguments, as it will help you reason better, because better reasoning is often a result of avoiding circular arguments.
  • MercuryBenMercuryBen Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

Check out my Capital Rainbow Collection and show some love with your vote!

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked the 420 grain because it took me 6 month of research to just buy one and I had to go to a VERY reliable source just to get that. I think all of the sets are great and give credit to all who have made it to the list above.

All great sets. Some take time, some take money and others just for fun.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Thanks Kkathyl -- appreciate the vote and feel honored just to have been nominated. The digital album is a great way to view a slabbed set. Like being a kid again!
    The 420 set was fun to build. (Favorite of all my sets!) Trade dollars are an amazing part of numismatic history both here and in Asia. They are actually hard to find at shows {despite not being 'collector darlings'} and I'm always pleased when one turns up in someone's case or collection.

• Congratulations to all of the owners of the nominated digital albums.

I've viewed all ten of them several times ... and each digital album is indeed in its own way are a true testament to the spirit of the collector - each of us pursuing the hobby in our own way.

I say it is impossible to choose a 'winner' - regardless of 'votes' - everyone who chooses to pursue PCGS certified coins ... and also shares them with us in a digital album - they are all winners IMHO.

For me - I'm truly humbled that my honestly circulated classic silver commemorative set was even considered for this honor ... that said - it's been a 10 year truly dedicated pursuit to obtain these coins which were not intended to circulate.

If you are just checking in then take a look at all the sets - they are all wonderful - mine is Chesapeake Collection.

• cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2018 6:45PM

When I embarked on Libertas Americana Tokens of the U.S. Centennial collection, I had no idea how many merchants used that obverse, but I soon found out there were more than a 100 different ones! The various books on civil war tokens and merchant tokens provide a LOT of information, but with tens of thousands of different tokens out there, it's hard to drill down to a specialized category such at the Libertas tokens.

I researched all of the available publications, and then decided to compile a separate reference focusing on the Libertas tokens, to be published very soon:

The book includes images of all of the known tokens bearing the Libertas Americana obverse (either TrueViews of actual specimens or composites of obverse and reverse images). This will be the first time in history that all of the tokens are illustrated in one reference.

Libertas Americana Medals of the US Centennial

The Album includes 125 different tokens (with 124 being pop tops), including representatives of merchants in each state where the Libertas Americana design was used -- Maryland, Missouri, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania and Virginia, with both merchant tokens and patriotic medals.

• MercuryBenMercuryBen Posts: 70 ✭✭✭

If you like toned proofs, vote for the Capital Rainbow Collection!

This discussion has been closed.