Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

1899 $1 Black Eagle Low Serial Number **PIC ADDED**

kenriles012kenriles012 Posts: 170 ✭✭
edited May 9, 2018 4:45PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

I am back again with more questions that are well beyond my knowledge. I have seen some low serial Black Eagles but curious what the lowest known one is?

What would a Black Eagle with the serial number being A9A mean?

Comments

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got any pics ? :)

Timbuk3
  • kenriles012kenriles012 Posts: 170 ✭✭

@Timbuk3 said:
    Got any pics ? :)

Attached one.

• numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

There's something very fishy here.Where did you get that pic? Also,if you have a note with the serial number A9A please show that one.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency

@numbersman said:
    There's something very fishy here.Where did you get that pic? Also,if you have a note with the serial number A9A please show that one.

No it was A5A.

I don't have it. I am not a currency collector. A bit of an eclectic collector has it and asked me about it and not my area of knowledge hence I am on here. I come on this forum every know and then for this reason. The note is not mine or is it for sale (at least he never said it was to me).

The note in the pic is counterfeit.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency

@numbersman said:
    The note in the pic is counterfeit.

I can make zero claims and again something I know very little about so what gives it away. Love the insight.

I guess it is possible that this thread is a completely innocent event.That said,I don't know what you are trying to achieve with this thread...like I stated before,something very fishy here.I am not comfortable explaining to you what I see as I do not know you and can't trust this threads motives-I can't see helping explain how to perhaps correct problems with a fake note by explaining what's wrong with it.It is 100% counterfeit and made well enough that it was meant to fool people.I am a long-time pro in this hobby and I challenge any other knowledgable collector/dealer to add their 2 cents if anyone feels I am wrong.

• synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭

Lack of silk color threads perhaps?

• Endeavor1967Endeavor1967 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

My guess would be there is no such thing as an AA block fr. 231

edited May 15, 2018 6:42PM

@numbersman said:
    I guess it is possible that this thread is a completely innocent event.That said,I don't know what you are trying to achieve with this thread...like I stated before,something very fishy here.I am not comfortable explaining to you what I see as I do not know you and can't trust this threads motives-I can't see helping explain how to perhaps correct problems with a fake note by explaining what's wrong with it.It is 100% counterfeit and made well enough that it was meant to fool people.I am a long-time pro in this hobby and I challenge any other knowledgable collector/dealer to add their 2 cents if anyone feels I am wrong.

So I've been on this forum awhile and post a decent amount on the coin side and I come on here to ask paper questions every know and then. I honestly think your paranoia is a bit much here.

@Endeavor1967 said:
    My guess would be there is no such thing as an AA block fr. 231

That is an excellent point. I don't know. Very curious if there is a printing like this.

No and Rob doesn’t sound paranoid at all. So many times people try scams in numismatics.
    If you post on this forum enough then your thick skinned.
    The note is a fake. People who spend money in numismatics don’t like fakes. Ever.

• RoadkingUSARoadkingUSA Posts: 41 ✭✭✭

Collecting Serial Numbers
    12345678 or 87654321

Your AA block road king is obviously legitimate.
    However, the image the OP posted is that of an Fr. 321.
    Although it may be that you posted it to show us all were a proper AA block would be found. That is on an Fr. 230 not 231. That pretty much closes this case. LOL

• synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭

Number 9, Number 9, Number 9 .... iconic !
    Thank you for sharing