Home Autographs Forum

Celebrity autographs

PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

So I had a stack of celebrity 8x10's and pulled a handful to send in on the special a couple months back. This was what came back. I see on Ebay there is some value to them and should at least cover my costs plus some profit. The ones I'm curious about, as I have no clue about celebrity autos, would be the Peter Falk. The only one I could find on Ebay was $270. Is his auto really that difficult?? Also, is there any better place to move these other than Ebay? Thanks!

1 AE17519 Photograph Debbie Reynolds Authentic
2 AE17520 Photograph Burt Reynolds Authentic
3 AE17521 Photograph Peter Falk Authentic
4 AE17522 Photograph Peter Falk Authentic
5 AE17523 Photograph Angela Lansbury Authentic
6 Photograph Tom Selleck Questionable Authenticity
7 AE17524 Photograph Henry Winkler Authentic
8 AE17525 Photograph Connie Stevens Authentic

Promethius881969@yahoo.com

Comments

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

You probably already know this, but you need to be extremely careful when using eBay to value autographs. There are people and companies that list their material for literally 10 times (or more) what it is actually worth.

You said you found a Peter Falk for $270 - was that a completed listing where the item actually sold for that, or is that just someone's asking price? If it was not an actual sale, then I would totally disregard that value. I tried unsuccessfully a few times to get his autograph over the years, so he was necessarily a prolific signer, at least not later in life, but on the slip side, his popularity is probably fading away a bit. Some classic stars have staying power and their popularity transfers to newer generations. I am not sure that has happened with Falk.

Some on your list might still be signing - I got a couple Lansburys not too many years ago - so I am not sure how strong the market really is.

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

The auction was a completed auction by, I believe, Probstein123. Was going to get a the link but I'm on my work computer right now. Yeah, I never judge the value of ANYTHING by the asking price, only what they have sold for in the past.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • JBKJBK Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    The auction was a completed auction by, I believe, Probstein123. Was going to get a the link but I'm on my work computer right now. Yeah, I never judge the value of ANYTHING by the asking price, only what they have sold for in the past.

Wow! That should be fairly solid then. I think I have bids in on some of their stuff right now. I think they start low and let the price rise to a fair market value. Good score on the Peter Falks, then.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

The $275 seems to be an outlier, but the only sold PSA/DNA. A BGS went for BO on a $230 BIN also. Looks like most others have sold in the $30-50 range. I'm guessing that was an earlier sig with the extra loop on the 'P' and on as iconic a photo as possible of him. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Peter-Falk-COLUMBO-Signed-8x10-B-amp-W-Photo-PSA-DNA-COA-Autograph-AUTO-/362282629597?hash=item5459ba39dd:g:zeYAAOSwqHdavUFZ&nma=true&si=R8xF2u3aCIJn8oQEUX4JaZo7Lpc%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc