Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

***SOLD*** - 1842-D Small Date $5, PCGS VF30 CAC

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 27, 2018 12:37PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

PCGS VF30, CAC verified; pop 16/156.

https://www.pcgs.com/cert/11588556

SOLD!

I bought this from Michael Kittle (@illini420) four years ago, for $2,300.

Technically it belongs to my daughter. Now she is 16 and wants a car.

Not a new car, mind you. Just basic transportation, to get to and from her summer job.

This will help her get started down the road to her first set of wheels.

(The coin is in safe deposit- I don't remember if the Douglas Winter sticker is still on the back of the slab or not, though the CAC one is still on the front, of course. Update: I checked. CAC sticker intact, DWN sticker gone.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 26, 2018 3:53AM

PS-

Original 1024 x 682 Kittlecoins pix (a bit larger):

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

Nice piece of crusty Ga gold. Wish I had a used car to trade. I'd even deliver it to you. ;)

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!!

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

Might be interested only for the @lordmarcovan pedigree!

• Options
    JBatDavidLawrenceJBatDavidLawrence Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d pay $1800 and a tank of gas?

John Brush
    President of David Lawrence Rare Coins www.davidlawrence.com
    email: John@davidlawrence.com
    2022 ANA Dealer of the Year, Past Chair of NCBA (formerly ICTA), PNG Treasurer, Instructor at Witter Coin University, former Instructor/YN Chaperone ANA Summer Seminar, Coin World Most Influential, Curator of the D.L. Hansen Collection
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2018 12:41PM

SOLD!

• Options

OK, so this "do-it-yourself auction on BST" thing worked out reasonably well on my end, but I do feel the need to apologize to a few folks who got left out in the cold.

You see, I neglected to mention here that I had offered a private BIN option to two different individuals, one of whom ended up being the final buyer. This private BIN left at least one last-minute lurker out of the action, who had been waiting to bid just before the intended Saturday deadline.

So my apologies if things were handled in a slightly messy fashion and anybody felt disappointed by this.

In the end, the buyer (a longtime member) will be passing through my hometown and we will be able to meet in person, thereby simplifying things. It just made sense. He also offered a tiny bit more than $2K, so all's well that ends well. I'm just sorry if I left any of you other interested parties feeling brushed-off, is all. Certainly did not intend to trample on anyone's toes.