Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

2 Dollar bill

I have had this bill stored in by bible for years, it looks like something got on the bill and put a line of ink to the right of Jefferson's pic. was wondering if this bill would be worth anything.

Comments

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ink line is on top of the note design so it could be anything. Maybe a stamp on a wrapper. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

The ink line is a partial bankstamp and actually takes away from value.However,it's worth face value and will never be worth less than that.It is worth exactly $2.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

at least ya got 2 bucks for later. stash it somewhere.

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

I agree it's worth $2. If it's your only two dollar bill, I recommend you keep it and buy more. They are popular and lots of fun to collect.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • clarenze30clarenze30 Posts: 85 ✭✭✭

Agree with numbers man that it's worth face value unless the bill has a cool serial like this one:

• thanks for the replies, i am new to this and don't all ways recognize what i see on a bill.