Home Sports Talk
Options

New Contest Prize - Guess the elimination date of the 2018 Phillies

stevekstevek Posts: 27,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

New Contest Prize - Guess the elimination date of the 2018 Phillies

Before you guess, please read the rules very carefully. If you guess the date correctly, you have to send me a Topps 1952 PSA 10 Mickey Mantle baseball card. I will accept a PSA 9 from you only along with a certified letter that you were unable to obtain a 10. Sorry but 8's or below are not acceptable - the card must be a 9 or 10. And please, no cracked slabs, as I do not wish to spend the time and expense to get it re-slabbed.

Thank you for your participation, and good luck.

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trick question as the correct answer was in fact yesterday.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

August 31. I can't afford to send you my entire Mantle PSA 10 if I win. I will share it with you. I will cut it right down the middle top to bottom or side to side, your choice. You can choose which half you want. If they do make the playoffs you should send me half of a Mantle PSA 10 or an entire PSA 5.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Get Nick Foles in the rotation and you guys would have a shot.

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't participate in this since I am a Phillies fan. All I know is that after the first disastrous series of the season, I told a fellow fan the old joke that pennant fever here in Philly is just a 24-hour virus.

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I used my Mantles , as well as my Ted Williams cards, for noisemakers in the spokes of my bicycle when I was a kid. Sorry I do not have the pieces and can't answer when the Phillies will be eliminated.