Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Need help......!!!!

I recently purchased an old collection of uncirculated bills. Many are dirty because of the long storage time and environment. Can anyone suggest or recommend the procedures used to clean or wash currencies that will be acceptable for grading. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !!! :)

Timbuk3

Comments

• air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭

I would not clean them yourself. Maybe someone experienced in this will pass along some tips or put you in touch with the right party. Also maybe contact PCGS of PMG, they could be helpful as well. Good luck.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, for your advice !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • goodpapergoodpaper Posts: 66 ✭✭✭

What is the value of these notes? Like, what is the most expensive one? If the value is nominal, well, I think you might know where I'm going with this...

"Specializing in Small Size US currency but likely to buy anything high grade or interesting".
  • synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭

Sell them to DeMaris, he'll buy anything!
    :)

Ha! It's true, but I'm hinting at Timbuk trying the clean-up himself. If the notes are valuable, then probably not worth the risk. But if they are just small potatoes notes, heck... every man needs a hobby! Then, when they're all cleaned up, yes, sell to me :)

"Specializing in Small Size US currency but likely to buy anything high grade or interesting".

I don't think you'd want to wash up a stack of old Tombstones, but maybe a couple dirty Fr. 237's wouldn't be a bad idea.

• boimre1972boimre1972 Posts: 262 ✭✭✭

Be careful washing notes, as some collectors look upon that as a type of fraud. Note Doctoring, as it were. Could also lead to an apparent or net grade.

Mike
    Collecting small-size star notes.
    Mishawaka, IN
  • gdavis70gdavis70 Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

Hey Timbuk, Hit those notes with some oxy clean... :-)

• synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭

@gdavis70 said:
    Hey Timbuk, Hit those notes with some oxy clean... :-)

That is a pimple cream!
    Hilarious
    OMG - cola just came out my nose!

• mainejoemainejoe Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

PM sent