Home Sports Talk

Andy Reid...

grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 6, 2018 5:42PM in Sports Talk

is this era's version of Marty Schottenheimer?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Worst. I like like him but he has to go. He can't win.

Marcus Peters is a selfish player

Derrick Henry is an absolute beast

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Si.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    Worst. I like like him but he has to go. He can't win.

Marcus Peters is a selfish player

Derrick Henry is an absolute beast

m

He did have some postseason success at Philly but at KC it's been an unmitigated disaster in the playoffs.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even when KC was up 21-3 at half I knew it wasn't over.
    Then I knew when Tenn. scored first in second half to make it 21-10 that
    it was going to play out like my own personal nightmare. again. Its happened
    so often you get used to it. Maybe Mahomes can change the losing playoff attitude.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6, 2018 6:10PM

has Darrelle Revis retired yet?

the Chiefs' D had 10 men on the field when he was out there

When Kelce got knocked out of the game why was there no mention of an illegal hit?
    I could see how the officials might have missed the call but why did the announcers
    never mention that it was helmet to helmet contact? No way they couldn't have seen it,
    but no mention at all. Gruden is an idiot.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

@grote15 said:

Marty had a great defense when he coached the Chiefs, Vermeil had a great offense,
    and Reid has a bunch of choke artists.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21

@Darin said:

@grote15 said:

Marty had a great defense when he coached the Chiefs, Vermeil had a great offense,
    and Reid has a bunch of choke artists.

Was referring to Marty more as the Browns head coach than the Chiefs.

KC looked like a deer in headlights the entire second half.

grote, I thought maybe you were referring to his time with the Browns,
    but he didn't have much playoff success in KC either, and he was with the
    Chiefs for quite a while. Sure never got to the Super Bowl. I think maybe he was coach when Montana got KC
    to the AFC championship game years ago.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21

@Darin said:
    grote, I thought maybe you were referring to his time with the Browns,
    but he didn't have much playoff success in KC either, and he was with the
    Chiefs for quite a while. Sure never got to the Super Bowl. I think maybe he was coach when Montana got KC
    to the AFC championship game years ago.

You're right~he was 3-7 in playoffs as KC coach. '93 he was 2-1 and reached the AFC Championship with Montana.

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Chiefs played like an Octapus in the second half and shot themselves in all eight feet. I definitely agree with Darin on the Helmet to Helmet hit on Kelce. Not a word mentioned by the announcers. If Gruden had a player hit like that he would be all over the ref. Head set would be thrown on the ground and jugular veins almost bursting.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I liked the touchdown by Tennessee to get the ball rolling. Not often you see a QB throw the ball to himself

• fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭

Kelce had established himself as a runner by that point so it was not an illegal hit (otherwise when he dropped the ball it would have been an incomplete pass). However it looked like he fumbled on the play and it was clearly recovered by the Titans, it should have at least been reviewed. That said I think the non-fumble call on Mariota cancelled out the non-fumble call/review on Kelce.

I thought that call on the Mariota fumble was total nonsense. If the new rule is that as soon as you start going backwards the play is over then the NFL needs to apply it to running backs and wide receivers not just QBs that are blown up.

Robb

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Andy Reid looks too much like Mike Holmgren, and after what he did in/to Cleveland I have a hard time even looking at either guy.

• s4nys4ny Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

The Titans were one of my least liked NFL teams for a couple reasons. I generally do not like teams that have moved and I didn't like the coaching of Jeff Fisher.

But, WOW! I am impressed with the team's performance against KC.

In weeks 4 and 5, sports talk had Reid and Smith in the AFC Super Bowl.
    Now, their season is over.

• WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

KC is the Washington Nationals of football.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thing about KC this year that baffles me is they refused to feed their best offensive player the ball, Hunt should have been the focal point of the offense but barely was. I know Alex Smith didn’t have a terrible game by any stretch but a combo of Alex Smith at QB and Andy Reid at HC spells 1 and done as far as playoffs are concerned

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just so the eaglets don't go anywhere....I don't care who wins. Oh and throw in the Steelers.......don't want them to go anywhere either.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@s4ny said:
    The Titans were one of my least liked NFL teams for a couple reasons. I generally do not like teams that have moved and I didn't like the coaching of Jeff Fisher.

But, WOW! I am impressed with the team's performance against KC.

Don't you kind of feel like the coaching staff is ruining mariota though? I feel like he is better than what he has shown this season

Its like whats happening to Andrew Luck in Indy. I thought Indy hit a home run with him but they are wrecking him

• ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

@keets said:
    Andy Reid looks too much like Mike Holmgren, and after what he did in/to Cleveland I have a hard time even looking at either guy.

Yah. He was mistaken for Holmgren all the time on the sidelines. But his playoff record won't be.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

@bronco2078 said:
    I liked the touchdown by Tennessee to get the ball rolling. Not often you see a QB throw the ball to himself

You know you're living right when you get a play like that.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

Yah. He was mistaken for Holmgren all the time on the sidelines. But his playoff record won't be.

actually, Andy Reid has a better overall record during the season(s) but the two are really a wash. in the playoffs, the main difference is that Holmgren won one Super Bowl. Holmgren went to three Super Bowls and Reid only one yet they are only each one game away from being .500 in the playoffs(13-11 and 11-13 respectively). the 1995-1997 seasons are what the Mike Holmgren "MYTH" is built on. absent those three years with arguably the best QB from that era Holmgren is a paltry 6-9, nothing to brag about.

he rode that "MYTH" all the way to Cleveland.

Andy Reid --- regular season/.604, post season/.458
    Mike Holmgren --- regular season/.592, post season/.542

You have some good points. In Wisconsin Holmgren's legacy is a bit mixed. A lot of early playoff losses to Dallas, but he did get to the playoffs. A championship does carry weight. But he wanted to be both coach and GM. To be that here, Bob Harlan would have had to fire Ron Wolf, and that was not going to happen. So he had to leave, and it was felt he did not really care about the last season here. He got to one Super Bowl in Seattle. Did nothing in Cleveland, but you know much more than I about what he did there.

When he came here the Packers were about 9-7 for the first 3 years, so he clearly was not an immediate success, but after ~ 20 years of incompetence, the Wolf / Holmgren team was a huge improvement in coaching and personnel management. We are currently having a big management shakeup, with a new GM, so next season will be interesting.

Dorsey / Highsmith / Wolf at Cleveland now. Eliot Wolf was passed over here for GM. Probably because he is only 35. If he has half of his father's ability, Cleveland will benefit.

Do your part, America 💉😷

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@keets said:

actually, Andy Reid has a better overall record during the season(s) but the two are really a wash. in the playoffs, the main difference is that Holmgren won one Super Bowl. Holmgren went to three Super Bowls and Reid only one yet they are only each one game away from being .500 in the playoffs(13-11 and 11-13 respectively). the 1995-1997 seasons are what the Mike Holmgren "MYTH" is built on. absent those three years with arguably the best QB from that era Holmgren is a paltry 6-9, nothing to brag about.

he rode that "MYTH" all the way to Cleveland.

Andy Reid --- regular season/.604, post season/.458
    Mike Holmgren --- regular season/.592, post season/.542

Holmgren has a sb as a head coach.

The ring is the difference.

Holmgren has a sb as a head coach.

pretty sure I mentioned that.