Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Two Dollar Bills ?

I'm from the coin forum, don't laugh at my question [which I think I already know the answer to] :smile:

I'm cleaning out some of my accumulated 'stuff'.

Can I really expect to get more than face value from a coin store for 50 or 100 consecutive 1976 2 Dollar bills ?

Thanks for your input. :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably not, but no harm in trying, good luck !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

There are some better districts and there are stars that would be worth more than face....especially in full packs.Also,special serial numbers or low serials also add value.Trying to get a decent deal from a coin shop may not be the way to go as that can be pretty tough with this type of material.Please email me at...tempis@att.net.... and I'll go over values with you.Once you know what you got you can then decide which way to go.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭

I would be will to bet depending on condition,districts, stars and serial number you could get a small premium from them off EBay. I don’t foresee a dealer paying you a premium on them. If you would like me to make you an offer dependent on pictures and info you could pm me, I may be interested.

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks people, I will get some pics together :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 21, 2017 12:41PM

I think that Ebay is your best bet for these.

Start at face plus the Ebay fees and there's no downside but not great upside either.

But that's what CU1976 $2s are worth, a small premium.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @sellitstore :smile: