Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Help with Maryland Smithsonian Proof Sheets - 1432 $5 Brown Backs?

BGguyBGguy Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited November 13, 2017 8:06PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

Can someone help? I'm trying to get a JPG of Baltimore N.B.'s 1432 $5 Brown Back proof sheet from the Smithsonian site. I cannot figure out how to get a single, full image of the proof sheet. I seem to recall a forum member documented the complicated steps once before, but I cannot find that posting or recreate the steps.

Comments

• Options
    gsalexgsalex Posts: 213 ✭✭✭

I still have my account as a transcriber for the project so I was able to get in and piece together an image for you. I hope this is the one you were looking for. I saw no other $5 proofs for this bank from the period you're seeking.

Intrigued by all things intaglio.
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2017 10:50PM

Is this what you were looking for? It's the only BB $5 in the proofs that I see. I think you can just right click on this image, open it in a new tab and then save the image in the new tab to your computer.

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    BGguyBGguy Posts: 11 ✭✭

Yes !!! Thank you.

• Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭

@BGguy said:
    Yes !!! Thank you.

YW. I was traveling up to and during the holidays and didn't have access to my computer until yesterday. BTW, there are a number of images for the bank; BBs include the 3x10--20 and 50-100 sheets and a bunch of series of 1902s as well as what look (to me) to be series of 1875s.

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    gsalexgsalex Posts: 213 ✭✭✭

How'd I miss that one? Too much turkey ... zzzzzzzz.

Intrigued by all things intaglio.