Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

1953 WILLIE MAYS SGC 45/3.5 HIGH END - LOOKS PSA 7+ - 1956 TOPPS PSA GRADED LOT OF 12 CARDS

KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have a few items for sale currently on eBay, and will offer them to board members with free shipping and prices lower than eBay via PayPal FNF. Thank you for looking and more items to come with some big cards for sale coming up ;) All purchases are via PayPal FnF, and items will ship same day as payment is received.

**1953 Topps Willie Mays SGC 45 = 3.5 High end and looks PSA 6/6.5. - **Last one sold for over $1100 and will take $885 dlvd with signature confirmation and insurance.

Beautiful card that looks like a PSA 6-7 all around. Card features strong corners, excellent registration and focus, and amazing color. Only thing knocking it down is a small scratch/crease on the lower bottom right which is difficult to see, and does not detract from the overall eye appeal of the card. Any questions please let me know.

**12 card lot of High end 1956 Topps PSA baseball cards ** all cards are beautifully centered and have great eye appeal. All are in the range of PSA 5-7, and I will take $138 for the entire lot of 12 cards - hard to get them graded for a cheaper price. Features Adcock, Avila, and Virdon along with others.

Comments

• KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bump for TGIF.

Judge rookie added ;)

CJ sold and new prices on other cards ;)

Price changes. Thank you for looking.

KC

2013 Bowman Draft boxes sold - yeah! Possible price drop on the Judge rookie auto and the Babe and I can list round 2 of cards - hint possible Mantle cards ;)

PayPal FnF of $859 for the Judge and $255 for the Ruth.

KC

Weekend back to school bump!

Final price drops:

Judge - $825 FnF

Ruth - $225 FnF

Thank you!

KC

• thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

Keith, I'll take the Ruth.

Ruth is sold. Only the Judge left - for now ;)

KC

Only the Judge left at $805 dlvd.

KC

1953 Mays added - super high end card and looks like a 6/7.

Prices reduced on the Judge and Mays. Thank you for looking and have a great weekend!

KC

Keith, cool little Ruth card. Thanks for the fast shipping and smooth transaction.

Dan

You're welcome and glad you liked the card. These two are going up next for sale - just have to figure out pricing on the Mantle first based on recent sales.

• MarsAttacksMarsAttacks Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

Having seen that gorgeous 51B Mantle up close at the NSCC, whomever buys it is going to end up with one of the finest Mantle rookies in existence that's not in an 8 or 9 holder.

Go Dodgers!

Mike - thank you for the kind words on the Mantle, and I have not even listed it and have already had several inquiries on the card.

New pricing for the others:

1953 Mays - $1350 dlvd
    2013 Judge - $600 dlvd
    1929 Ruth PSA 6.5 - $315 dlvd.

KC

Bump :)

Judge has been sold.

Ruth is at $305 FYI.

KC

New updates for the weekend.

1951 Mantle - $15,800 obo

1953 Mays - $1275 obo

1929 Ruth - $285 obo.

KC

Monday bump - eBay prices lowered as well.

KC

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CrissCriss said:
    Asking $16K when the last 7 just sold for $25K? Man, you ballin' bro. Good luck with your sales.

You mean the aggregate of the last 7 sales? Looks more like $45K+ to me.

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CrissCriss said:
    LOL! Still quoting 2015-16 prices here as gospel. Awesome.

Perhaps you could clarify what price data you're referring to.

@CrissCriss said:
    Asking $16K when the last 7 just sold for $25K? Man, you ballin' bro. Good luck with your sales.

Appreciate the bumps for my thread - more eyes the better!

As far as the price I have it in the high $15k range but will come off it some. Probably low $15's to high $14k range will do it. It is priced somewhat strong, but it is also a card that is nicer than 90% of the examples out there in any grade. Those that saw it in person at the National can attest that from a foot away the card looks like a $100k+ PSA 8. If someone wants a very nice Mantle without the price tag it is a great card, and several PSA 4's have sold in the $13-14k range with 5/5.5's in the $20-23k range. If it does not sell I have zero problem with keeping the card - can never go wrong with a nice Mantle rookie.

As far as the question about staining or toning I am not real familiar with it since this is the only 51 Bowman card I have ever owned. I know it happens with this issue, and not really sure why.
    Thank you for the questions.

KC

• vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

From above:
    Amazing Mantle rookie card which would not look out of place in a PSA 7/8 holder. Sharp corners, amazing gloss and color, and perfect T/B centering and very close to 50/50 centering L/R. Card has amazing eye appeal, and except for a light crease which is well hidden in the wrinkles of Mantle's uniform this card would be worth $20-30k more at auction. With several recent sales of cards in a similar grade recently in the $20-23k range this example presents a great buy. Any questions please let me know.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.

Thank you Vintage for the help. Reading is fundamental :D

• MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

@CrissCriss said:
    Sorry, I missed that part as I was too focused on the part that said it would be worth $20-30K more at auction which, based on recent sales, it clearly would not be.

I think you're missing what he said....
    Card has amazing eye appeal, and except for a light crease which is well hidden in the wrinkles of Mantle's uniform this card would be worth $20-30k more at auction.

Thus, if it didn't have the crease, it would possibly grade higher (like between 7-8) which would then coincide with his projection of 20 to 30k more.

I think you're taking things that he says out of context, JMO.

Enjoy your cardboard...

Jeremy

• MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

@CrissCriss said:
    The last two 7's sold for $27K and $25K respectively. Now, I'm not a math wizard but my calculator tells me the differences between those numbers & $16K are $11K and $9K, respectively.

He said 7/8. You can a la carte some low end 7's to support your theory all you want, I guess.

Great card KC and good luck with your sale!

Mays is now $1150
    Ruth is $250
    51 Mantle is now $15,400

All via PayPal FnF and shipping and insurance is included. Will discount for a combo of Mantle and Mays if bought together. Thank you for looking.

KC

• MarsAttacksMarsAttacks Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

@KendallCat said:
    "...it is also a card that is nicer than 90% of the examples out there in any grade. Those that saw it in person at the National can attest that from a foot away the card looks like a $100k+ PSA 8. If someone wants a very nice Mantle without the price tag it is a great card..."

Agreed - I inspected this card at the National and it is truly incredible. Crease is really tough to pick up, and the rest of the card is fantastic.

Go Dodgers!

I'll take the Ruth, Keith. One can never have too many Babe's

All yours Dan and will get it out to you tomorrow. Thank you.

KC

• cardcountrycardcountry Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

The Mantle is incredibly nice. With a 5.5 selling for over $23k recently, as well as some other private sales of psa 4's/5's, this one is priced right. People are willing to pay strong for high eye appeal Mantles, and there is no reason to underprice it. VCP is only part of the story. A lot of sales happen in the private world and at shows.

Jeff Foy/Dave Foy
    Card Country
    Graded stars 1950's-1980

2013 Aaron Judge auto rookie added - $385 firm.

Happy Labor Day bump!

Mays is on eBay starting at $995

Mantle is getting lots of interest but eBay fees would be about $900 or so if I sold it at $15k - will take $14.3k via PayPal FnF and pass along savings to a board member.

KC

Judge is sold.

Mays starting at $898 on eBay and will take $965 for it.

1951 Mantle will do for $14.3k dlvd with insurance.

Thank you for looking.

KC

• belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Wow Keith. Good luck and whoever gets that Mantle will be one happy camper.

"Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd

@belz said:
    Wow Keith. Good luck and whoever gets that Mantle will be one happy camper.

Thank you for the nice note about the Mantle, and I go back and forth each day on whether I should sell it or sit on it for a while.

KC