Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Are there any notes you'd never part with?

There are many notes we all come across and pass on to other collectors, whether it be for financial gain, or to gather up enough money to save for something we've had our eye on for quite some time. What rare notes would you never part with? Although most collectors would pass on such a low grade note, Mine is definitely my Goodwater, Alabama National Banknote,

Tough CA Nationals &
Lowball Sacagawea Dollars (PO01-VF35)

--- SUCCESSFUL BST TRANSACTIONS ---
braddick, Omegaraptor, JWP, EagleScout2017, OAKSTAR, Twobitcollector, boxerdad, OKCC, Fancycashcom, JimW, MWallace, Tookybandit, TeacherCollector, jeffas1974, mainejoe, kansasman, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Soldi, Histman, CurrenSee, jclovescoins, Outhaul, Timbuk3, LEMONHEAD_PENNY, daverickey, Maxcrusha, RedSeals

Comments

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

I've got some notes that are keepers like that too! I suppose a ridiculous amount of money could always change my mind though.

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, my dad left me some large size type notes that he saved when he was a bank teller in the early 1950s. They were the first large size notes that I saw and include a $10 bison and $5 Indian chief, some 1899, 1917 and 1923 $1s and $2s. I would never part with those.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sellitstore said:
    Yes, my dad left me some large size type notes that he saved when he was a bank teller in the early 1950s. They were the first large size notes that I saw and include a $10 bison and $5 Indian chief, some 1899, 1917 and 1923 $1s and $2s. I would never part with those.

Very cool!

• BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a collector, if something enters my collection, it stays there permanently.

Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2017 11:39AM

Yep. A $5 Series 1929 National Bank of Webster, N.Y. Charter # 13145.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com