Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

PMG Turnaround Time

I sent some notes to PMG, paid dealer prices for some valuable notes, and PMG quoted 14-business-day turnaround time. It's been one month to the day, and still no sign of grades or notes. Is this typical? Or should I get partial refund given the miss to their quoted cycle time?

Comments

• tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

Did you call them?

• boimre1972boimre1972 Posts: 262 ✭✭✭

That is typical, I would say.

Mike
    Collecting small-size star notes.
    Mishawaka, IN
  • daverickeydaverickey Posts: 53 ✭✭

I have called and emailed them multiple times. Not impressive.

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's strange, here are their posted times: https://www.pmgnotes.com/submit/services-fees/ I haven't had anything worth submitting in a while.

• I paid 'standard' and was told 15-business-day turnaround time. PMG received my notes May 19th. Still waiting.

• SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

my 15 day popped early, my 5 day is 20+ business days but they are researching it.

• synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭

At least it isn't PCGS, I bought my Collector's club on Jan. 4th, submitted within 10 days of receiving the packet and received the notes back May 2, 2017. I've spent over $45,000 on grading in the last 4 years, so business must be streaming to stuff their "good" customers.

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 22, 2017 7:29PM

If I need something graded in a hurry I attend shows with onsite grading or use the Express service level through the mail. I have had a great experience every time. :)

• If you send in notes to correct errors in labeling or PMG database classification, the turnaround time is 5 working days and the cost is zero dollars. You also want to include your original postage receipt so PMG will pay you back for the postage to send the note or notes to them.

Contact Jennifer In Customer Service if you have any questions. She was very helpful to me.

Great advice, Thank you

Great advice, Thank you

75 small size USN and SC notes took 3 weeks, now that is exceptional service.
    Thank you

• I submitted notes valued around $1000-$3000, paid around $40-50 each, and it took over a month to get them back.

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

Their finalizer has to be in with most of their submissions, so maybe that was the hitch.

Plus show schedules too