Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Valuing currency?

I just listed a $500 bill graded by pcgs on the BST, but I'm not certain where/how to compare my asking price to current values? I went to the PCGS currency webite but they don't have a valuation page like the one for US coins. I don't necessarily want to rely on ebay.... any advice is appreciated!

What we've got here is failure to communicate.....

Successful BST xactions w/PCcoins, Drunner, Manofcoins, Rampage, docg, Poppee, RobKool, and MichealDixon.

Comments

• gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭

Check Heritage Auction Archives, and use recent sales (there are a lot for $500 and $1000s). That will give you a good estimate. Price guides are rarely any good at determining current market value anyway.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck !!!

Timbuk3
  • TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

Chicago and New York are the more common districts for the 1934A $500's. Search auction prices on HA as recommended by gnat for both Chicago and NY to get a good idea of the current market. Ignore series of 1928 and 1934 (Especially LGS) as these trade higher and are a different animal from the series of 1934A.

• Bankerbob56Bankerbob56 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the input! HA archives were handy, my asking price which includes shipping appears spot on. Thanks.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.....

Successful BST xactions w/PCcoins, Drunner, Manofcoins, Rampage, docg, Poppee, RobKool, and MichealDixon.