Home Q & A Forum

About members saying they are interested, how long do you wait for deal to be made

Hi to all
How long do you wait if someone says they are interested and will get back to you. Even members that have been on site for a long time, do they get special treatment????
Example, over this weekend I had numerous pm about 90% silver, do I give the first pm first refusal and if so how much time do you give potential buyer. I think I lost a fair size deal because first person never really got back to me and I was afraid to sell to another buyer because I may do wrong by the first request
Would like to know what other site members think

:) new to BST positive transactions with au and ag, j dimick, Pandavab, messcrew

Comments

• Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭

As soon as someone says they're interested and they'll get back to you, I would respond with an OK I will hold off making any deals for 24 hours. That will give the potential buyer plenty of time to get home from work or wherever and review their documentation. It also removes any ambiguity as to what you believe a reasonable time is for you to wait. Additionally, it permits you to be able to tell other potential buyers how long they will have to wait for you to get back to them.

"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • chiniu1976chiniu1976 Posts: 165 ✭✭

thanks so much, I sort of figured 24 hrs is plenty of time
    appriciate the input
    aps

:) new to BST positive transactions with au and ag, j dimick, Pandavab, messcrew

• skier07skier07 Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure about the above. Until someone commits to buying I'd accept all offers until a deal is consummated. If someone is interested and you get a better deal you have no obligations to the interested party. Why does interested party have 24 hours to buy/stall/negotiate with you?

• chiniu1976chiniu1976 Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi and tanks for your inpt
    I just seem to feel that I need to give the first person who might buy my products first refusal, but from what other members are telling me its like the first person who agrees to the deal, even if he was the last to make a deal take the mony.....I guess being somewhat new here I was trying to be nice, by the way the first person who said was interested never did make a solid commitment and I lost out on the deal, because the other potential buyers went some where else
    have a great day and again thanks

• skier07skier07 Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you look at a car and tell the salesman you're interested in buying the car do you think he'll hold it for you for 24 hours while you decide? Coins and cars are different but the same general ideas apply.

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

Someone ban chiniu quick...

Someone pm me his name and address info please, thanks..,

keceph `anah
  • dm679864dm679864 Posts: 213 ✭✭

@rawteam1 said:
    Someone ban chiniu quick...

Someone pm me his name and address info please, thanks..,

Whats going on?

Good deals with KollectorKing, ChrisRx, Tookybandit, LukeMarshall, and Ajaan! On cointalk, Histman, Sakata, Blisskr, and a few others!

Is this guy Alain sterk? Looks like he back here on 3rd new name...???

keceph `anah

It's got to be him...

keceph `anah

@rawteam1 said:
    Is this guy Alain sterk? Looks like he back here on 3rd new name...???

Yeah there was a sale post for some 90% silver, I saw him close with "Alain" as his name

Good deals with KollectorKing, ChrisRx, Tookybandit, LukeMarshall, and Ajaan! On cointalk, Histman, Sakata, Blisskr, and a few others!

@chiniu1976 said:
    appriciate the input
    aps

Alain P Sterk ????
    Aka tonedase aka tee135 aka crook...

keceph `anah

@rawteam1 said:

@chiniu1976 said:
    appriciate the input
    aps

Alain P Sterk ????
    Aka tonedase aka tee135 aka crook...

I'm not sure on his last name, what happened?

Just do a search , payed for a bunch of silver bars never delivered, promised to pay back and only payed partial payment, owes me like 350 if I remember, I kept all pms...

keceph `anah

Dang, I'm going to message that seller he commented on asking to buy the silver with a personal check, would hate to see someone else get burned

Nice guy, don't know if he had some issues going on back then or what but he obviously is now back on here again... and no one should do any business with him, unless he mans up...

keceph `anah