Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Star note ... Any value

This came from a fresh pack at the bank the other day. I only collect nationals. Any value?

Collecting Grand Rapids, Michigan Nationals all denominations, series, and types as well as obsoletes.

Please PM me with any available for sale.

Comments

• synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 13, 2017 8:28AM

The first thing I research on modern notes is rarity, looking at the production numbers here,
    uspapermoney.info/serials/f2013_s.html

I see a strange footnote that pertains to Fort Worth printing but yours is a WA D.C. printing

"In early 2015, runs #1, #2, and #3 of the New York star notes began to appear in circulation, even though they had not been reported by the BEP...."

• OK not sure what exactly that means. If anyone is interested in it feel free to shoot me a PM.

Collecting Grand Rapids, Michigan Nationals all denominations, series, and types as well as obsoletes.

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

PM sent

• PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used this link the other day to lookup a star note I got back. I'm not a paper currency collector so I found it very helpful!

http://www.mycurrencycollection.com/reference/star-notes/lookup

• boimre1972boimre1972 Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2017 8:26AM

The rest of the footnote says: "The June and July 2016 production reports then listed those three runs again, this time as Fort Worth products. Notes from all three Fort Worth runs have been seen in circulation, so the duplicate printings did in fact occur, and it appears that duplicate serials were in fact issued."

This is a HUGE challenge for collectors of $1.00 notes--find matching a serial numbers from the FW and DC runs. Heck of a trophy for someone to pull off. The note, pictured above, is in that duplicate run series from Boston, DC run.

Mike
    Collecting small-size star notes.
    Mishawaka, IN
  • rbethearbethea Posts: 134 ✭✭✭

That would be quite the trophy duo of notes!

Check out my world paper money collection at papermoney.x10.mx
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the reference sites !!!

Timbuk3
  • mainejoemainejoe Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

I will give you $2 for it, and $5 to whoever comes up with the FW matching serial. :*B)

• TheGrandRapidianTheGrandRapidian Posts: 168 ✭✭
    edited May 20, 2017 5:54PM

Already sold, otherwise I might have considered it :-)