Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

2017 International Paper Money Show

I see that this show is being moved to Kansas City this year which makes it very close for me.

I realize it is a paper money show but could someone tell me what the ratio is for currency vs coins? I only ask because in the materials I have read there is going to be a type set of US Coins on display and that it is fairly nice. Is there a lot of crossover?

Awarded latest "YOU SUCK!": June 11, 2014

Comments

• MAM0912MAM0912 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭
    Marty

US Obsoletes esp NJ, WEB Notes,

National Iron Bank of Morristown (#1113) and Irish Currency
  • It is virtually currency only. On occasion I will see a few coins in a dealer's case.

"Don't talk like an ignarosis."

I specialize in Wisconsin currency! Looking for information on WI national banknotes. Census stands at 12,318 notes.

**"Wisconsin National Bank Notes - 2nd Edition" is out!!!" Only $20PPd!!!
  • 2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed - this has always been THE show for paper money. If you're a round-metal-disk guy, you'll find a better selection at the weekly show in a local VFW hall that you will at IPMS.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• jmcu12jmcu12 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the input. That is what I was expecting to see. I am shiny round disc guy. :smiley: but I am going to go to this show anyway. I do collect some currency so I will get some benefit from attending; even if only for 1 day.

Awarded latest "YOU SUCK!": June 11, 2014

Not a problem - if you make it, stop by the Exhibit area. I happen to be one of the Exhibit Co-Chairman and will be happy to give you a "nickel" tour.

• synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭

See you there!

• goodpapergoodpaper Posts: 66 ✭✭✭

Who is going to SPMC Breakfast on Friday morning! An event that is not for the faint of heart or the picky breakfast consumer. I am anxious to experience the KC venue for this (Harvey's at Union Station) as it's a brisk 7 minute walk from the Sheraton - - walking in any direction for 7 minutes from the old Memphis hotel would have required boldness and perhaps some Kevlar. Very exciting. Who's in?

"Specializing in Small Size US currency but likely to buy anything high grade or interesting".
  • TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

I'll be there@!

PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

Lol, I'll be there! Let's not stay out too late the night before. I was hurtin' at last year's breakfast! :)

As usual, Cliff once again bought the first ticket for the SPMC breakfast. This year's breakfast, which costs $20, features an all-you-can-eat buffet of wonderful high-cholesterol goodies. Don't worry, though, we do have a couple of medical personnel on the SPMC Board so, if anyone develops an artery problem during the breakfast, we will be able to resuscitate you! You can order your ticket through the SPMC website or get in touch with me.

Also, we still have some exhibit space open so let me know if you would like to exhibit. Remember, exhibitors get in free during the show and also during the dealers' hours.

edited May 2, 2017 7:28PM

I'll exhibit again and will try to get my paperwork turned in this Friday.

@2ndCharter said:
    As usual, Cliff once again bought the first ticket for the SPMC breakfast. This year's breakfast, which costs $20, features an all-you-can-eat buffet of wonderful high-cholesterol goodies. Don't worry, though, we do have a couple of medical personnel on the SPMC Board so, if anyone develops an artery problem during the breakfast, we will be able to resuscitate you! You can order your ticket through the SPMC website or get in touch with me.

Also, we still have some exhibit space open so let me know if you would like to exhibit. Remember, exhibitors get in free during the show and also during the dealers' hours.

LOL!! I don't mean to buy the first ticket! I see that they are on sale and I get me one!

PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭

Very reassuring, Thank you

@2ndCharter said:
    As usual, Cliff once again bought the first ticket for the SPMC breakfast. This year's breakfast, which costs $20, features an all-you-can-eat buffet of wonderful high-cholesterol goodies.

**Don't worry, though, we do have a couple of medical personnel on the SPMC Board so, if anyone develops an artery problem during the breakfast, we will be able to resuscitate you! **

You can order your ticket through the SPMC website
    https://spmc.org/products/ticket-56th-anniversary-spmc-breakfast-kansas-city-2017
    or get in touch with me.

• goldengolden Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went to all 40 Memphis shows but I am not going to Kansas City. I have talked to a number of collectors and a few dealers and have not found one that is going. Also Long Beach is the same weekend.

Why are so many not going to Kansas City? Is it the location or Long Beach the same weekend?

• goldengolden Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tootawl said:
    Why are so many not going to Kansas City? Is it the location or Long Beach the same weekend?

I think that it could be both.

_Why are so many not going to Kansas City? _

I'm curious as to who the "so many" are - we've got our usual two dozen exhibitors who have already sent in their Exhibit applications (except Tookybandit - hi Bob). Also, the reservations for the SPMC Breakfast are running ahead of last year's pace. I've also heard from several collectors who are thrilled the show is in KC because of easier flight connections. I know, because of Long Beach, we'll probably miss out on some West Coast attendees but, otherwise, the show is looking pretty good.

Easier Flight? Try more expensive from the Baltimore/DC area.

@2ndCharter said:

(except Tookybandit - hi Bob).

Done ...I even beat the deadline this year lol :)