Home Sports Talk
Options

MLB umpires:Have they ever "juiced" or resorted to "uppers"...

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 25, 2017 9:47PM in Sports Talk

...to help them through a long, strenuous season. After all they are there as much as the players and have pre/post game responsibilities. Spring training. They engage in lots of traveling as well. Must be a drain on them as well, physically/mentally as some are not as young/physically fit as the players. Have they ever needed "roids" to recover from injuries related to their umpiring job? Must they pass a drug test to ensure they are clean as their job is held in such high regard of integrity? Are there rules in place banning the umps from such medical assistance as "roids"/"uppers"? It's a long season, what do you think?

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dunno. My brother had a business acquaintance with Rocky Roe. We watched him slog through an 18 inning game behind the plate at Tiger stadium in 84.

It looked grueling.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

No idea, I don't think anyone cares really. Speaking of umpires I remember Sports Illustrated doing a piece on Ed Hochuli when everyone was amazed at how jacked he was for his age, well that was before the HGH and PEDS became to light so there is no doubt in my mind that he uses and nobody seems to care, same would be for MLB I would think

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember the umpire Ron Luciano?
    That guy was naturally wound up tight, lol.
    So fun to watch his highlights.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress