Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

What is your opinion on my $100 CSA note?

Along with a serial number error, please comment on the 3rd and final interest paid stamp . The date appears to be 1875.
Could stamps have been made out to 1875? If so, was this a mistake by an Augusta bank teller? Or was it done on purpose. The war was over for the most part. Was this an Augusta bank teller that knew the end was near and for a "joke" (for the sake a a better word) and used the 1875 stamp?
You tell me!
This note is being graded as we speak.

Comments

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

Would love to see the note. Can you upload an image file instead of the .pdf

• MEC2MEC2 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

It's 1865.

Nice example though. The handwritten serial error is a nice touch.

But it definitely is 1865... the stamp didn't strike cleanly, and your mind is filling in a 7 where none exists...

• mp3jmp3j Posts: 49

Agree. The left side of the six is very faded, but there. It is a 6. 1865 not 1875. Cool note tho.

• Thanks for all the comments. I see the faded 6 now. Not sure how to convert pdf to jpeg without a computer. I,ll post the image when I get it.

• I have some other notes being graded as well. I have 4 $20 NC Treasury notes in consecutive series numbers. They are very nice notes but I swear the guy cutting those notes was smoking a peace pipe. I only have pdf's again but I,ll attach them any way. The pfd shows 3 of the 4. I will post all of these notes again when they are graded.

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

Cool notes! I was able to open the .pdf my iPad used iBooks and it worked :)

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

would rather see a note then pdf, i agree

• StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

Nice cut sheet of NC notes.