Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Comments

• Options
    DancingFireDancingFire Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

IMO, you should try selling your coins on BST before posting on Ebay... ;)

• Options
    IwogIwog Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭

Can't do it. I don't know what they are worth. They are different than 99.9% of all commems offered for sale and that includes every single coin at the large coin auctions.

Let the market speak!!!!!

"...reality has a well-known liberal bias." -- Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful coins, for sure. Your IOWA commemorative doesn't list the grade (MS66) or, "PCGS" in the title. You may perhaps miss out on some selective bidders and thus have it close at an unfair, lower price because of it.

peacockcoins

• Options

Thanks for the heads up.

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

He is doing well on ebay

• Options

@jdimmick said:
    He is doing well on ebay

Knock on wood. I wasn't kidding when I said you can't find coins like this anymore. Most people don't think you can even get a Spanish Trail with blast white luster.

• Options

Video of the Spanish Trail by request

https://youtu.be/898KT8jo_Bc

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet coins! Are there any you're keeping, knowing they're simply irreplaceable?

peacockcoins

• Options

thanks for the head's up! some really nice coins that i'm bidding on already, thanks for letting us know

• Options
    jonrunsjonruns Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

IMHO the decision to put the collection on Ebay was the correct one...quick sale...anyone here who wants them can bid on them...or make a private offer...greater exposure to more buyers...especially buyers who love blast white...

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a Spanish Trail
    Not as nice....but....

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jdimmick said:
    He is doing well on ebay

It's the RENAISSANCE of COMMEMS !!! :)

• Options

Wow, you can post over here? I see op's original thread was 'yanked'............nasty business in dees parts.

• Options

Wish I'd had a crack at your blast white Spanish Trail, OP. The one I got (many years ago) is a 'gun metal' gray. I still love her, though. :)

• Options

Spanish trail just past 1,100( $1,127.00 ) with 3 days left.. just to let O.P know.. many of these will have big jumps in last minute.. have been trying for awhile on blast white comm.'s and many "snipers" abound on ebay for these

• Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

Man, I thought these blast-whites needed lovin' about as much as a 3 legged, one eyed dog, hence my assembling a set in blast white!! I thought there was going to be some bargains, though obviously, the Spanish Trail I knew would do well....boy, was I wrong!! Great choice in letting the coins sell themselves on ebay!

I'll come up with something.
  • Options

@denali12 said:
    Spanish trail just past 1,100( $1,127.00 ) with 3 days left.. just to let O.P know.. many of these will have big jumps in last minute.. have been trying for awhile on blast white comm.'s and many "snipers" abound on ebay for these

Yes I noticed the Spanish Trail has 31 watchers. I think that's a new record for one of my coin auctions.

I remember when I was looking for one of these and was frustrated as hell going from show to show and asking to see examples only to reject them all. I might see one or two blast white commems at a typical Heritage auction but they were always Oregon Trail or San Diego coins. I think a dealer located this for me and I paid a pretty good premium at the time.

• Options

Everything sold. Thanks guys! I'll have the next batch up when they get back from PCGS which is hopefully very soon.

• Options

@Iwog said:
    Everything sold. Thanks guys! I'll have the next batch up when they get back from PCGS which is hopefully very soon.

were you happy with the prices? some seem to find a real strong market

• Options

Yup, I'm satisfied. Most got pretty close to the PCGS price guide which seems to be a real feat these days. I think the buyers will find these are pretty unique considering I always picked strong luster and coins devoid of problems over everything else.

More coming this weekend. Not sure what is going up but lots of variety.

• Options

@Iwog said:
    Yup, I'm satisfied. Most got pretty close to the PCGS price guide which seems to be a real feat these days. I think the buyers will find these are pretty unique considering I always picked strong luster and coins devoid of problems over everything else.

More coming this weekend. Not sure what is going up but lots of variety.

Cool!!... I tried on a few, but lost out to higher bids right at end.. have to adjust bidding strategy I guess- glad will get another shot at some blast whites

• Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bump for the new ones.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options

Thanks! 30 minutes until close.

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Iwog said:
    Thanks! 30 minutes until close.

Nothing but silver spoons this week?

• Options

I got screwdered and ended up in the deep Arizona desert all weekend. I'll try to get some 5-day commems up on tues

• Options

@Iwog said:
    I got screwdered and ended up in the deep Arizona desert all weekend. I'll try to get some 5-day commems up on tues

Whew! some real tough bidders on these coins,, thought going to win 2 got sniped out on them today( grant and California)... stronger market then I guessed..good for you!