Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

do you trust BBC exchange

Do you guys trust BBC exchange to buy sealed boxes from? How do you know they are not rewrapping wax packs? I've had issues 3x now. The first 2x I purchased sealed boxes certified by bbcexchange off members on eBay. Some packs were not even sealed and the good cards I got were all damaged.

For example I got 83opc baseball off eBay. The ryne sandberg had a small crease and the tony Gwynn had gum stuck to the back that seemed glued on.

Another box I bought off eBay was 89 upper deck. I pulled 2 Griffeys but again one had small crease and another had 3 dinged corners. I sent off to PSA and 1 got a 4 and the other a 7....kinda strange for pack fresh cards.

So I decided to go direct from BBC exchange website buying 82 topps football. The same thing happened again. The packs seemed like they were sealed with glue because there was glue over the top card in every pack and the packs were sealed tight as if they were glued.

Again, every good card I pulled had issues. Lawrence Taylor Had gum and glue all over it, Ronnie Lott had terrible dinged corners and Anthony Munoz had slight crease. How do pack fresh cards have creases?? Some packs weren't sealed all the way and one looked like it was sealed by a 2yr old. I refuse to buy anything else from these guys.

I was seeing if you guys had similar experiences???

Comments

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is not going to end well

Mike
  • Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

GOOD GOD SAILOR !! DON'T PUT YOUR LIPS ON IT !!!

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

@markn512 said:
    Do you guys trust BBC exchange to buy sealed boxes from? How do you know they are not >rewrapping wax packs? I've had issues 3x now. The first 2x I purchased sealed boxes certified by >bbcexchange off members on eBay. Some packs were not even sealed and the good cards I got >were all damaged.

Hi Jenny!

• Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

Just start buying the singles you want.

• Options
    bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2017 2:28PM

1st post is a negative about BBCE? Take that back to wherever you came from before you decided to troll this message board.

Appreciate today-

Bill

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2017 2:11PM

Copy

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@addicted2ebay said:
    Wow you are one of just 3 people with a Psa 1 89UD Griffey. )

No comment on the rest of his post, but I'm pretty sure he stated a 4 & 7.

• Options
    GrimsterGrimster Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

pack fresh != PSA 10. BBCE does not reseal their products. They are effectively just guaranteeing that the packs and/or boxes haven't been opened and resealed. They have absolutely zero control over the contents of the unopened product. Sounds like you need to complain to Topps, Upper Deck and OPC on their quality control in the 1980's.

• Options

InnB4DaPoof

• Options

Why send cards into PSA that you know will come back with low grades and then complain about pack fresh cards. Lots of reasons could impact why cards are damaged inside a legit unopened pack. Stored near a heat source can melt the gum and possibly the wax seal, store it cold and the wax seal could come undone slightly. If someone drops a pack, corners could ding, etc.

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

You can buy 2016/2017 stuff with damaged corners or defects.

• Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭

Whoever would be considered BBCE's #1 competitor just made his 1st post on the forum. Welcome and please go away now. We all see an agenda considering their rep and integrity

The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    LittletweedLittletweed Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

Username
    markn512
    Visits
    Last Active
    January 26, 2017 12:59PM
    Roles
    Members
    Badges

Matt

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

After Steve and Reed get dragged through the mud, they'll just have dirty pants.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang! It took him 12 years to get the courage to speak out against injustice. :*

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I have had nothing but the best experiences with BBCE. Even just recently I purchased 25 81 Topps grocery rack packs. Mind you NOT a complete sealed box, just individual packs. To my delight not only did I receive my packs in a timely manner, but wouldn't you know it, one pack had Mr. Raines showing on top, and another had Rickey's 2nd year showing on top. BBCE, is the gold standard, my man.

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Curry with the shot, just tell em to call me Stephanie

• Options
    RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

You got an '83 OPC box that had a card with gum stuck to the back and another with a small crease? So, in other words, a perfectly normal box of OPC baseball.

• Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

We now know who Fenwick is

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options

Well played Mauer. Well played.

• Options
    jsanzjsanz Posts: 250 ✭✭

It's Mark Murphy BBC Kid. He's coming back but he has to take out the competition first. Haha

Love those 70's - early 80's packs and boxes...send me a message if you are selling because I am buying
  • Options
    Bear48Bear48 Posts: 239 ✭✭✭

Yes, I trust BBCE and have been very satisfied with every purchase.

• Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

I still remember opening 89 Upper Deck. No wax seal on those bad boys... basically, close to impossible to reseal. Got a box with 2 Griffey's... not zero? And they had problems....

Figured this thread was BS from the get go... but that sheet sealed it for me!

Happy trolling :(

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

The only thing I can say is that I don't think it is possible to rewrap 89 Upper Deck packs!!

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

To the OP. When you took your concerns directly to BBCE what was their response? I know I've seen cases over the years where they would bend over backwards to satisfy their customers.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

Hey Mark,

I am sorry that you had a bad experience with BBCE. It's truly unfortunate that you got some bad Griffey cards from resealed packs. They should know better. On behalf of the rest of this board, we would like to offer you the opportunity to buy a bridge that we were going to raffle off in a few weeks, but you deserve to buy it out right.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never Had anything but good experiences dealing with Steve.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭

BBCE = my 100% trust...and, if there is a problem they stand behind their product. The best in the business!

Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2017 11:22AM

@markn512 said:
    I got 83opc baseball off eBay. The ryne sandberg had a small crease and the tony Gwynn had >gum stuck to the back that seemed glued on.

Another box I bought off eBay was 89 upper deck. I pulled 2 Griffeys

Lawrence Taylor Had gum and glue all over it, Ronnie Lott had terrible dinged corners and Anthony Munoz had slight crease.

It must be a resealer with a heart. They put the best cards from the sets in the boxes!

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

I always send in my Griffey's with creases and dinged corners hoping for 10's........

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

One thing to actually note here though is that there are frankendavis boxes sold. If advertised as a 'box with 36 packs', that does not mean original. I don't know any of the sequencing stuff. or want to even dive in to that. Would have actually never thought about until a year or so ago when I did buy a 83T box straight from BBCE, wrapped. Opened it, and in the middle of the box were indeed two packs with price stickers on them from some local store. The box had none of the top three in it. I actually put all contents, including the wrappers with stickers on them, back in a box and sent it back with a note simply stating .. uhh. not right here. Maybe if they see this post they will attest to this.

Still though.. I buy NO where else when boxes is the game.

• Options

@OddRodz said:
    frankendavis boxes

:D