Home Q & A Forum
Options

stars next to name

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

What do the 2 little stars next to my name signify ??

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Based on me getting a third star today (and you too, apparently) coupled with the fact that my "point" total listed on my profile just went over 100, I'm going to guess that's the measuring factor. No idea how that's calculated, but seems to take into account posts, badges, and agree/like/LOL counts.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the input................that's what I thought also.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't figure it out.
    You have been here for two weeks and have the same number of stars as a guy who has been here for 15 years, has over 21K posts, 26 badges, 290 points, blah blah blah.

I don't mean to offend or imply anything at all.
    Like you, i'm trying to make some sense of it.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options

Anyone have four stars? I know that you can get five stars only in times of war...

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mvs7 said:
    Anyone have four stars? I know that you can get five stars only in times of war...

Lol.
    I swear I had four and a couple had five.
    I didn't know. I think I'm losing it. :#

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2016 10:32AM

@mvs7 said:

I know at least one person with four stars... not 100% sure how or why though.

:grin:

• Options

@illini420 said:

@mvs7 said:

Looks like you just broke through 500 message board "points." No one knows how they are calculated, but your number of stars seems definitely to be tied to it. Let us know when you get to five stars :).

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mvs7 said:

@illini420 said:

@mvs7 said:

Looks like you just broke through 500 message board "points." No one knows how they are calculated, but your number of stars seems definitely to be tied to it. Let us know when you get to five stars :).

Makes sense. Not 100% clear on the points here, but I'm sure it's adding up the likes, agrees, LOLs and badges somehow. I do see that I got an email from the forum earlier today congratulating me on becoming an expert collector... not sure what they'll call us if there is a 5th star out there!

:+1: