Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

The Rock

Is "The Rock" (John Rocker) still around? I miss his awesome posts......

Comments

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    He was in Memphis and was doing very well despite recovering from getting his back worked on only a few days prior.
  • luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    He was perusing the forums in the past week.

He always has something awesome to post, whether it is a set or a super rare note.
  • larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Yep saw him in Memphis.
  • SmallSizedGuySmallSizedGuy Posts: 503 ✭✭✭
    Just saw him last weekend. He is still around...
    Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

• delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Good news!
  • TheRockTheRock Posts: 766 ✭✭
    Yep, I'm still hanging in there. The past 6-8 months have been a huge struggle and quite frankly a pain in the ass. Way to many tests, MRI's, CT's and other thing to have the surgery.

Surgery was May16th and took over 8 hours and it was supposed to take 4. No complications, but my surgeon took her time and did not have to remove a vertebra to do the surgery as we thought was going to happen. Hence the extra 4 hours, but it was worth it. Because of this, the stay in the hospital went from 1-2 days to 4 days.

Recovery is now in progress and should take 3-6 months. I wish it was weeks, but that is not going to happen. I went to Memphis right after the surgery and the my surgeon was not happy about that but I was not going to miss the last Memphis. It took it's toll on me though as some of you saw when I was there. I was in a lot of pain but did enjoy myself.

My sons and I were with Jim Hodgson last week at the Wisconsin Dells for 4 days and had a blast. Still very sore and limping around, but I survived. Thank god for good drugs.

At the moment, the only thing that lessens the pain in order to function a little is the meds. They do there job, but I have been on them for almost 2 years now. I get a little out of it for the first 15 minutes or so until they kick in and calm down, but it does work. I have to let them kick in and then I can do things like drive, walk the bourse floor or participate in an auction. It would not be a good thing to take them and then bid on something !!

I pray things will get better, but I know the nerve damage is there. I will really only know how bad it is after the recovery time goes on. We'll just have to see what happens.

I have lots of new additions that I have purchased but not shown because of time to get to it. I'm in fact, getting ready to submit 300+ $5 FRN's at Baltimore this week that I won from the CPMX sale in March. Maybe I will see some familiar faces at Baltimore this week.

"GOT TO LOVE THEM SMALL SIZE DEUCES, SC's, LT's & FRN's"

John DeRocker
    President/CEO
    The Rocks Collectables, LLC
    TRC, LLC
    jderocker003@gmail.com
    SPMC Member - LIFETIME
    EBAY - TRC, LLC

• KT5SilverKT5Silver Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    Rock - it was great to see in Memphis. To witness the pain that you dealt with to attend that show was either inspiring or downright scary. I am still trying to decide. As we discussed, my wife deals with some of the same issues daily. Simply things become impossible and as you stated the drugs are amazing at times. I will continue to pray for you and a speedy recovery. Hope to see you soon and in much less pain!
    If you happen to get any $5 Feds that you don't need please let me know.
    God Bless!

• mainejoemainejoe Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    John, though I am new here I couldn't help catch the string and your struggle. At 56 I can relate to your pain and efforts to function. Last fall I had my 2nd back surgery. 1st one had a removal, 2nd one merely "reamed things out" (Doc's laymen definition). Hard for me to accept that what I have now is as good as it will get (can't bend over to put my socks on). For being an active person all my life, it's tough to be restricted now. I've gone from 6'5" to barely 6'2" compliments of my back degenerating. Yes, meds are my friend WHEN I need them. Do take care of it, do as much rehab as the doc tells you to do. A back in pieces is nothing to take lightly, take it from me. To see me wouldn't be thought of what pain I go through. But again, I can be a good actor too. Just don't drop a note on the floor, 'cause I won't pick it up. Not unless you want me laying there on the floor admiring it! LOL! Take care of it man!
  • Glad to hear you are still up and around Rock... You do know the more you post the better you will feel right? image
    Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • Rock, Been there, am there. Best Wishes.
    Remember, I'm pullen for ya; we're all in this together.---Red Green---
  • TheRockTheRock Posts: 766 ✭✭
    Thanks everyone.

I would hope that this is the last surgery as it's the 4th and I have pretty much made up my mind that another is just not going to happen.

Our body's are so fragile and anyone who has had back issues will tell you that it's one of the most horrible pain you can ever have. It's a very fine line between managing the pain and getting all messed up from the drugs. I have tried most of them and some are just plain horrifying and just rip your insides out.

Hopefully things will start to calm down as we are approaching silly season with all the shows coming up and as always, I plan to try and attend all of them. We'll just have to see what happens.

When I get a few moments, I will try to post some of the new additions !!!

"GOT TO LOVE THEM SMALL SIZE DEUCES, SC's, LT's & FRN's"

John DeRocker
    President/CEO
    The Rocks Collectables, LLC
    TRC, LLC
    jderocker003@gmail.com
    SPMC Member - LIFETIME
    EBAY - TRC, LLC

• CMCARTCMCART Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭
    Only healthy and I hope you feel better every day ??????????????????
    Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865)
    5$ bills are WOW with the numbers - wanted:
    Wanted - Flipper notes with the numbers 6-9 or 0-6-9 ON 1$ 2$ 5$ 10$ 20$
    Wanted - 10$ Sereis 2013 - fancy Serial Numbers
  • Awesome to hear from you John! Thanks for checking in. Show us your latest conquests!
  • luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Great to hear from you Rock !!

We can't wait to see some of your latest acquisitions.

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with everyone......always good to hear from John, and especially seeing his latest eye candy.
  • gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    Keeping you in my thoughts John.

Where did Franklinfever go?

Crickets?