Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

June proves to be a banner month for collecting.

This month was VERY good to me with paper money collecting.

I managed to pick up a remarkable eight notes in June for the collection.

On June 4th, I picked up a series 1934 $1 AA in CCU. I do not have a pic now, but the serial number is A42648199A.

Shortly after the $1 SC, I picked these up:

1934 AA mules are tough. This one has BP 591.

1934 KA mule. I am surprised nobody bid on this note. I ended up getting it for $20 or so.

1934 CA non mule. This is a tough set to complete, but I am well on the way.

1934A IA.

I also picked up a $20 1934 L* BGS, serial number L00128781* in VF with a closed tear. This note was not as described, but I am still glad to have that hole in the collection filled.

1928B EA. This one is from the first batches of the EA block, in 1937.

1934 JA non mule. This note is from one of the first batches of BGS JA's, in early 1938. First serial for the year was J08808001A.

I also already have my first purchase of July paid for, and it is a note that I wanted (but missed out on) in the Heritage Auction a couple months back. Second chances rarely come twice in paper money collecting.

Let's keep this trend..it's a good one !!

Comments

• gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    Nice pick ups. I particularly like the $10 JA non-mule.
  • Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Congratulation on a great June of collecting finds with successful buys! image

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • mainejoemainejoe Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    I thought that Dallas $10 looked familiar! You are welcome sir, on a good buy.
  • techwritertechwriter Posts: 584 ✭✭
    luckybucks you did have a good June; mine was not up to snuff with yours. Did

pickup a few nice ones:

==

==

==

==

Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: mainejoe

I thought that Dallas $10 looked familiar! You are welcome sir, on a good buy.

It resides nice with its extended family of 1934 $10 FRNs 26 down, 48 to go.

Perhaps some Legal Tender notes are in order as an extra thank you ;c)

• goldengolden Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not picked up anything in June or the whole year. image
  • mainejoemainejoe Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    There is a Dallas 34 A and B up on my listing right now. They came from the same lot as the one you have. Disregard the listing stating XF, there is a story behind that. I'll tell you if you want to know it. As for some LT's for a thank you? I would leave that entirely up to you.
  • MEC2MEC2 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    Gotta admit, June was insanely good to me. Picked up my first new CSA notes in many, many months in fact almost a year, a damn near UNC T9 and a very tough to get T32, I got a good price on a Yugoslavian note I've been wanting (1920 P21), and frankly stole two Government of Texas notes, the $10 and the $50... that's among other notes I got this month after what's been a rather sparse collecting year...
  • CMCARTCMCART Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭
    Congrats image
    Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865)
    5$ bills are WOW with the numbers - wanted:
    Wanted - Flipper notes with the numbers 6-9 or 0-6-9 ON 1$ 2$ 5$ 10$ 20$
    Wanted - 10$ Sereis 2013 - fancy Serial Numbers
  • larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Nice haul and I especially like the $5 red seal of course!
    And July is starting on an excellent note (no pun intended) right out of the gate.

I missed out on this note back in the May HA sale. Second chances are always a nice surprise.

I will have to update the 1934 $10 thread.

Golden: I hope that better collecting opportunities come your way, and they inevitably will.

Great color on the $10 St Louis!
    Originally posted by: larry510

Great color on the $10 St Louis!

One of my little secrets: For you LGS collectors, to get the bright, vivid yellow green seals, stick with the earlier printings ( October 1934 to early 1936 era). And for the DGS (BGS) notes, your brightest vivid blue greens will fall between the end of 1937 and mid 1938.

This is why I am looking for specific ranges. It avoids a lot of interpretation and confusion.

Also the vivid yellow greens and early vivid blue greens seem to compliment each other.

• sjk1776sjk1776 Posts: 132
    Last pickup in June from HA.

Only 3 notes grade numerically higher at PMG.

Per Newman's, only 18,000 notes authorized, printed by Anne Catherine, and Frederick Green.

'Tis death to counterfeit!

Colonial and Continental Currency Collector.

So far July isn't too bad either. I got the HA LGS $10 note a few days ago, and should have this one in hand tomorrow.

I am going to examine this one close to see why it did not get a CU grade. Heritage says it looks CCU, so this will be a case study.

Either way, it is coming out of the holder tomorrow, and if I see nothing wrong with it, I might cross it over to another service, as it looks like a slam dunk 64 (shot at 65) to me. I am convinced enough, that I paid CU money for this one.
    I like that 1935 double date a lot. Semi low serial # is cool too.

• Why disregard the K $10 listed as XF on eBay?

That's perfectly graded.
    US small size Federal Reserve Note collector with focus on 1928 to 1950E and main focus on 1934 to 1934D series. $5 to $100 denominations.

kurtisjohnson is my eBay ID

http://www.ebay.com/sch/kurtisjohnson/m.html
    Originally posted by: larry510

I like that 1935 double date a lot. Semi low serial # is cool too.

I got the note in hand today. I cut it from its holder and re-examined it. To my eye, it is a 64 PPQ / EPQ. The reverse centering is a hair too high to get a 65 IMO.

There are no bumped corners, excess handling, corner folds at all, or obvious folds. I do see a slight (unnoticeable) bump through the center of the note, that only goes 1/4 or so ways down from the top, but it is not a fold, and I cannot feel it if I run my finger over it. Again, it is barely visible, and I have to look very hard with a magnifier and back light to see it. Even then, it is hardly detectable.

I suspect it is a blemish in the paper.

• delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

I guess we just need to be patient for a couple of months...June is almost here!