Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

why Ebay sellers drink, part XXV

look at this link before you read below (what he wrote to me)... you may also want to block this character:

was I not descriptive enough?

New message from: hunter22010 (95Blue Star)

Sorry to complain, But if I new it had been Defaced or altered in any way I would have not bid on it at all, and I just bought a Twenty Dollar 1929 for $31.00 and it was in very fine condition. You VF and it is way far from being VF, Mark from bay said It was not VF and if we can't get something worked out by the 30th, They will help me take further actions Sorry but this is not what I ordered.

Comments

• Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭
    You did grade it VF though (Very Fugly).
  • Options
    everyone knows 1929 stars sell at only 10% over face, not at 25% over face.
  • Options
    right... so he basically was trying to rip me off blind, or he cant read
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    On lower priced items, most eBayers are only going to read the title description. Especially if they are bidding toward the end of the auction.

I would not sell these damaged notes on eBay. The chances are extremely high that you are going to have to deal with a lot of headaches. The aggravation will not be worth the time and energy!
  • Options
    i sold the rest of them offline to someone... so i completely agree!
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bidiot never even looked at the photograph or read the description.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    Just another idiot on Ebay. Definitely block them.
    Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • Options
    I sell a lot of car parts on ebay. Considering that I review real estate contracts for a living, I make it abundantly clear that these items are to be picked up in my driveway only. Unless you want to contact me prior to bidding and we work out other arrangements.

Abundantly clear to most, but not all people apparently. I've had several Alfred Einsteins click BIN and then wait for the truck bed or car hood to show up in their mailbox on the other side of the country. Most of them are nice about it but still............

I would NEVER sell coins or anything else easily scammable on ebay. While I'm certainly crazy enough, I'm definitely not brave enough.