Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

crazyhounddog, is this a decent looking Buff?

Picked this up in an eBay auction last week. Grade wise, it has some contact marks but not bad overall. And I had a hunch it would have decent colors...

Link to see the below image in full size: 1937-S Bufallo Nickel PCGS MS64 CAC

Comments

• Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great from here!!!

Nice pickup.
    If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that a common strike for that date and Mint? Very nice coin.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be even prettier if it was missing a leg imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be even prettier if it was missing a leg

Not really, since this coin is a '37S....a missing leg would likely be due to PMD.
    Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Walkerguy21D

Not really, since this coin is a '37S....a missing leg would likely be due to PMD.

Oh wow I thought it was a D image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I were crazyhounddog, I'd say that you have a super eye appealing winner on your hands and I'd congratulate you on your find.

But I'm not crazyhounddog, so I won't chime in. imageimage

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL...I looked at the MM then saw your post and thought 'Wow...I thought it was an S...my eyes are getting bad!'

K
    ANA LM
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking coin. Strange that someone would slab and sticker a coin that retails for 50$ or less but I guess the seller was hoping for a higher grade.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't speak for crazyhounddog…. But if I did, I'd howl at the moon over that one.
  • Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: breakdown

Nice looking coin. Strange that someone would slab and sticker a coin that retails for 50$ or less but I guess the seller was hoping for a higher grade.

It was a wee bit more than $50 image
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beauuutiful and worth every penny!image

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel sure Joe would love this coin. Might ought to hide it as he tends to get the ones he wants. I cannot imagine evaluation of this coin using any price guide. I imagine inhand it is even more enjoyable to view. Matter of fact, let me hold it for a while. Lol

Thanks for sharing.

Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is without question a very beautiful Buff my friend, very nice. I'd buy it in a heartbeat!!
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's nice.

I like it a lot.

Looks undergraded.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭
    The strike is average but the color is amazing! I don't recall ever seeing a 37-S with such nice toning. Almost all of them are untoned. Even gold toning is uncommon for this date/mm.

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Shamika
    The strike is average but the color is amazing! I don't recall ever seeing a 37-S with such nice toning. Almost all of them are untoned. Even gold toning is uncommon for this date/mm.

I've seen a few but your right, not that common. Here's a couple I own.... The first one is obviously a 65 and it's golden. Now the other is a beautiful 66 that I reefer to as the sunrise Buffalo because it looks like the sun is rising behind the Buff. But, I gotta say I like the pcgs 65 in the rattler a bit more than the 66 NGC.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: breakdown

I think the color and overall eye appeal speaks louder than the grade and sticker. I would have no problem paying up for this piece. Well done my friend.
  • Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people are pretty fond of those stickers! image

Every buffalo in this thread is beautiful btw.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file