Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Post a coin you sold, but regret, because you didn't realize how great it was until it was gone

jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
I bought this one for a song, knew I could make a quick, profitable flip, and did so.

As time wore on, I knew I would never see it again.

Comments

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was your peace slabbed or raw? If slabbed, maybe you can track down? I say this because I'm trying to track down one of my regret coins that got away from me too. Sorry, no pictures, but the coin that I regretfully released was a "1999 Wide A.M." Lincoln Cent. I sent it across the street to encase and It came back a 64RB. The real reason I regret selling is the fact that it was the FIRST "Wide A.M." cent to be graded by NGC. Way back in 2000!image

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Possibly this coin:

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭
    Not a coin, but I had a 4 oz silver Engelhard bar in my possession for a brief time as the poured bar market was starting to really heat up. I sold it to a forum member at a then fair price, only to see the going rate double just a few months later!
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: joeykoins
    Was your peace slabbed or raw? If slabbed, maybe you can track down? I say this because I'm trying to track down one of my regret coins that got away from me too. Sorry, no pictures, but the coin that I regretfully released was a "1999 Wide A.M." Lincoln Cent. I sent it across the street to encase and It came back a 64RB. The real reason I regret selling is the fact that it was the FIRST "Wide A.M." cent to be graded by NGC. Way back in 2000!image

Yup, slabbed in an NGC holder. I keep an eye out for it, but I don't expect to find it.

Sorry to hear about your loss, lol.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my, where to begin??? I, like so many others, have an often attachment to our coinage of the present and the past. I try to "let sleeping dogs lie" when it comes to the departure of my previously owned treasures..."that's all I have to say about that".
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there is enough room on the internet for me to list them all.

Here are a couple of recent ones though... image

Now PCGS PR66BN, top pop for the brown category.

Now PCGS PR67 I think.

The Best High Grade Mercury Dime Toners For Sale! + 2 Varieties - Ends July 7th! :smile:
    https://greatcollections.com/Collections/1120/The-Keyman64-Mercury-Dime-Collection/2024-07-07
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I probably should have kept this one. I don't collect seated coins and convinced myself it should go to someone who did. Sold it on BST a little too quickly.

Lance.

imageimage
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, too many to even list.

But I have learned to let it go.

It doesn't really matter in the overall scheme of things that much.
  • Options
    This is the only one that haunts me. Found it in a 2X2 flip at a local antique store....at the time, I truly didn't know how hard they were to find in the wild!

photo 100_0881 - Copy 3.jpg

Sold it on Ebay.

BMAmorgan
  • Options
    CharlotteDudeCharlotteDude Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one -

'dude
    Got Crust....y gold?
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2many2count
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: bamorgan
    This is the only one that haunts me. Found it in a 2X2 flip at a local antique store....at the time, I truly didn't know how hard they were to find in the wild!

Sold it on Ebay.

BMAmorgan

that would be a heart break for me as well.
  • Options
    Ok, here is one that I wish that I would have kept;

1882-CC $1 PCGS MS64 GSA VAM-2B Stage3 HitList

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TwoSides2aCoin

2many2count

+1

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I let JA / CRO take stewardship of this one. Probably was the only Pine Tree that shoulda stuck to me, even though it didn't leave any sap on my hands. image

imageimage

And this one went back to the seller on the advice of someone who I don't even speak to anymore for any numismatic advice. PCGS VF30

imageimage

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I regret selling this Greek dekadrachm. It was an offer I couldn't refuse and I was thinking of upgrading it at some point (it is an unsigned die rather than the stylistically superior signed examples) but I still have yet to find a suitable upgrade and the prices for these have continued to skyrocket:

Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: SmEagle1795
    I regret selling this Greek dekadrachm. It was an offer I couldn't refuse and I was thinking of upgrading it at some point (it is an unsigned die rather than the stylistically superior signed examples) but I still have yet to find a suitable upgrade and the prices for these have continued to skyrocket:

• Options
    bamorgan,

Whoa buddy! That Scarface is a killer! Especially found out in the wild!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

side note: what the heck does this mean???

ERROR: One of the values in the url has not passed validation.

Error Code: 113

I tired to add a quote/image from bamorgan to this reply and keep getting that error message. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file